Guglatech Free Product Test

Aug 20, 2013
Hope it is ok to mention this?

Guglatech are launching in Thailand and are giving a few filters away. If you don't know much about them their filters stop all the crap getting to your injectors, including water in simple terms. They set me up with one and with just two refills it caught some crap.

They are looking for adventure or street riders from BMW, KTM, Africa Twin, Suzuki V-Strom, Versys, MV, Ducati and more.

They just need to know your Bike, your riding preference and rough yearly mileage and any biker groups and forum you're a member of. They will select at random. They will also ask some individuals to inspect their filter after 2 months by cutting the bag open. It will be replaced with a new one. The filters last years and get better with use.

For BMW they will provide a fuel filter and what they consider the most advanced air filter designed for serious adventure riders looking for easy maintenance.

If interested here is the FB link

Reactions: DavidFL

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
Signed into FB link.
Gugatech sent a reply - asked for my mailing address.
If a freebee arrives will update

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
Received yesterday. Can' t beat their service. If it performs as described, I will be a Happy Camper !

Aug 20, 2013
One thing to consider with this product is the present condition of your tank and injectors. When the bike reaches its sweet spot for performance after running in, it is a very gradual decline in performance over time that may seem unnoticeable. Point A to point Z there is quite a difference, especially bikes with high mileage. Inbetween point A and Z is hardly noticed as it is a very slow decline. If your bike does have high mileage, it's worth running a tank and injector flush through the system to get any existing crud out. That way, the Guglatech will keep the injector system and tank fresh as though new for years.

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
Since I bought my first Fuel Injected car I have always used FI cleaner, in every fillup. Did the same when I bought my first FI bike. Firm believer in using this product.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
If you've got a Vstrom with a USA spec tank like me, the fuel filter goes in as in this vdo

Now here's what you get in your kit
GTR - IMG_1699B.JPG

GTR - IMG_1703.JPG

The filter bag
GTR - IMG_1704.JPG

Into the tank it goes
GTR - IMG_1714.JPG

push the bag out with the plastic stick

How it sits below the lip of the tank inner
GTR - IMG_1715.JPG

Why you should have it with dirty fuel like this
GTR - IMG_1718.JPG

Rock 'n roll folks with the Gugatech fuel filter.
Well & truly recommended for those who knock up the kilometres in S E Asia = there's a lot of dodgy fuel stations out there.

Aug 20, 2013
If you've got a Vstrom with a USA spec tank like me, the fuel filter goes in as in this vdo

Now here's what you get in your kit
View attachment 123376

View attachment 123371

The filter bag
View attachment 123372

Into the tank it goes
View attachment 123373
push the bag out with the plastic stick

How it sits below the lip of the tank inner
View attachment 123374

Why you should have it with dirty fuel like this
View attachment 123375

Rock 'n roll folks with the Gugatech fuel filter.
Well & truly recommended for those who knock up the kilometres in S E Asia = there's a lot of dodgy fuel stations out there.

Just want to say thanks for taking the time for the photos and sending them on to Guglatech FB page.
Surprising actually. Out of the 40 Filters given away. 20 Asian communities and 20 Expat. All 20 Asian sent photos of the install and linked us to their FB accounts. The latter we didn't ask for. Only 3 of the expat community responded with photos!

Reactions: DavidFL
Aug 20, 2013
After only 900bht of fuel. Topped twice at 200bht and last week at 500bht.

You can see the crap in the corner of the filter. It feels quite hard when you grind with your fingers. Almost like tiny stones. Will cut the bag open soon.

This is from the same well know station. I filled up once at a station that has been established for two years. Another which opened recently nearer to me. So even with new pumps, this is possibly the result.
filter.JPG

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
26,000 kms up on the Guglateh fuel filter & time for a look
DSC_0142.JPG

Its definitely not a pristine white bag. In fact it is dirty as you'd expect,

The Bottom left & right corners have some sediment in there
DSC_0143.JPG
DSC_0144.JPG

Verdict a nice handy product for protecting your fuel injectors from rust & bad fuel, keeping everything as clean as possible & giving better performance.

Cheers Guglatech Asia.