Happy New Year Ride to Nan!

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
TonyBKK wrote: [quote quote=Marco]
Tony
Would be nice to see you up there,,,i heard hat MC Lobo is majority og german Speaking guys so im sure the "Party" will be up to Standards...LOL
Cheers Marco,
Well, I'll see what the rest of the BKK Hooligans are in the mood for and we'll take it from there. I spent one night in Nong Khai last year and quite enjoyed it- wouldn't mind visiting again.
Hope to see you in a couple of weeks!
Tony
tony

here you stayed? guest house or hotel and what price?

Jurgen

Subscribed
Oct 23, 2009
www.chopard.org
Definitively worth to get more information about Nan globally and specially accommodation. I went there with "the old GT book" (still usefull for new riders to the region) and choose Devaraj ... had a good sleep but nothing else fancy. Also had a pizza at Da Dario's ... but Paolo had passed away :( ! Till David prints a map I am counting on insiders posts to prepare the next trip.

Thank you to everybody for providing information.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Jurgen, if you come out from the Dhevaraj parking lot and drive onto the main road, turn right, next traffic light left straight over the next traffic light and before the bridge go slighhtly right along it. you come to a T-junction, turn right and you'll find after some 200 meters some eateries on the river with their tables are scattered on the footpath/carpark, cheap, quick and goooooood. At the junction turn left and head straight for another 5-600 meters and you'll find more 'civilised' and also more expensive eateries on the river. Other's we have not yet explored. Will do some exploring next time and post them too. Cheers, Franz

Jurgen

Subscribed
Oct 23, 2009
www.chopard.org
Hello Franz ... thank you for the advise. Actually I did eat in one of the restaurants on the river, but probably not exactly the place you are recommending. There was some music and a party going on ... so service was not the strength of the evening. I think that food was OK. I will bookmark this thread and review it before next visit.