Harley buys MV Agusta

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Somewhat related, here is a story of my former racing partner setting a new world speed record for 1000cc motorcycles at the Bonneville Salt Flats on a MV Augusta-187.7 mph (302.1 kmh). This was in a stock frame/stock motor production class. Not only quite an accomplishment for the motorcycle, but the rider (my friend Roosevelt Lackey) is now 69 years old!

http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta ... ville.html

This was us in 1969-

3%20Records.jpg

Somethings change and some stay the same.....Congratulations Rosey! :lol:

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
SilverhawkUSA wrote: Somewhat related, here is a story of my former racing partner setting a new world speed record for 1000cc motorcycles at the Bonneville Salt Flats on a MV Augusta-187.7 mph (302.1 kmh). This was in a stock frame/stock motor production class. Not only quite an accomplishment for the motorcycle, but the rider (my friend Roosevelt Lackey) is now 69 years old!

This was us in 1969-

3%20Records.jpg

A mere 69 & he's still doing it! :) Unbelievable. That also means there's still hope for a few of us yet. 8)
Silverhawk, silly question - why do you still keep riding? Haven't you lost any of the passion, or is it still as strong as?

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Davidfl wrote: [quote quote=SilverhawkUSA]Somewhat related, here is a story of my former racing partner setting a new world speed record for 1000cc motorcycles at the Bonneville Salt Flats on a MV Augusta-187.7 mph (302.1 kmh). This was in a stock frame/stock motor production class. Not only quite an accomplishment for the motorcycle, but the rider (my friend Roosevelt Lackey) is now 69 years old!

This was us in 1969-

(photo above)

A mere 69 & he's still doing it! :) Unbelievable. That also means there's still hope for a few of us yet. 8)
Silverhawk, silly question - why do you still keep riding? Haven't you lost any of the passion, or is it still as strong as?
You know David, to give you a serious answer, I never really did have the passion some of you guys have. I wanted to race cars when I was young but the opportunity presented itself for motorcycles (long story on my website). I rode on the track but did not do a lot of street riding.

I quit riding due to work and being involved in boating for many-many years. I became interested again when I came here after riding rentals on a few trips with you guys. It is a combination of the freedom to see and experience the country in a way you cannot inside four wheelers. You see that most of my reports are about some type of event or experience rather than falling down in the mud (no offense to those who like it).

The friendship and the camaraderie of our friends here who share the same interest keep me riding more than any driving passion for motorcycles. (Sounds like this should be a continuation of Suki's post.) :lol:

P.S. ; I am jealous as hell of my friend Roosevelt and would love to give another shot at what he is doing. :oops:

Jul 6, 2004
No doubt about you David, you keep things quiet. and all those k's I rode with you, and I didn't know you were a bloody legend!
Good on you mate, see you soon.
Tom