Heavy metal?

Tomo

Sep 13, 2006
Greetings All, my good buddy and his lady have now come on-board for our January expedition to Chiang Mai - great news, there can never be too many JD drinkers on the team!

I plan on hiring a 400 Super Four whilst we are there but 'Wide Glide Nig' may prefer something a little more substantial for him and his little lady to tour out on..

I get the impression that the little Honda 400 will be readily available in Cnx but that bigger stuff is harder to come by (I have looked on the info available on this site but things change so fast..).

Anywhere I should be looking at particularly to fulfill our requirements and should I be thinking about booking in advance??

Many thanks to those fonts of knowledge who have patiently responded to previous enquiries.

NB. Is malaria an issue in the hills around Cnx - if so, how do you residents cope?

Jun 21, 2006
for wide glide nig there are a few super four 750's around,+ cbr400, havent seen anything larger than this though, maybe if you were coming over for a while he could arrange a buy back arrangement witha bike shop, im not if this is possible but if it is then it opens up the possibiltiy of R1's, GSXR's, and big sports touring bikes i.e honda cb1300. about malaria i have never taken malaria tabets in thailand and unless you are planning on a week long live in with mr and mrs akha on doi ang khang then i dont think you will need them..
good luck

Tomo

Sep 13, 2006
Thanks Suzukiluke, sadly we won't be in the area long enough to warrant buying bikes (maybe one day...).
I suspect the 750 Honda will do fine - WideGlideNIg isn't really a Tupperware Torpedo man (no slight intended - Gixxer thou is damn fine).
I think it's just the luck of the draw as to whether you can find a decent one? We hired 400's on Samui a few years ago. Mine was fine - my buddy's had no suspension, no handling and no brakes! We obviously didn't look at them very hard....