Hello From Bangkok, And Thanks Gtr!

Hondaian

Dec 7, 2018
I found GTR to be a great resource on a recent trip round northern Thailand so I thought I ought to sign-up so that I can get more involved and share some trip reports.

These days I don't spend too much time in Asia but I keep a slightly modified CRF250 here (EJK and exhaust uprated) for when I am around. In the UK I ride a few pre-65 events on British bikes and do a bit of road riding. Previously in Asia I have toured round a fair bit of Thailand, also Myanmar (Rakhine, Shan and Chin mainly), also some riding in Cambodia, several visits to India, Kashmir, Nepal and Siberia.

I'm looking in the near future to get back up north in Thailand and see more, maybe cross into Laos. I was totally blown away by some of the roads up there, particularly around the MHS loop and Nan Province. Two weeks just wasn't enough!

Reactions: ZCM

GTR-Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 22, 2016
Thailand
Hi Ian

Welcome aboard, and we look forward to your trip reports and other input. As you so accurately state "Two weeks just wasn't enough!"
- I've been here for 12 years, and that's still not enough! :cool:

If you are about on the last Wednesday of any month, feel welcome to join us for dinner at whatever destination is in store for the GT-Rider Up-country Dinner that month.

Hondaian

Dec 7, 2018
Thanks, hopefully at some point I can join you.

I can definitely see how even 12 years may not be enough! My plan is to put my bike in storage in Chiang Mai when I leave and then perhaps have a few months living there this time next year.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Good news. Glad we have helped you with your life with a new change of direction perhaps.
Riding a bike & living in this region really is special& makes us appreciate he good times.
It's a not perfect world every day, but if you can ride your bike here touring every day, it comes damn close to being perfect you could say.
It sounds as if you have made some good trips, so if you want to share some of your brilliant experiences riding here, please fire away on GTR.

For bike storage Nat at Piston Shop has a bike storage service, with quite a few people storing their bikes with Piston Shop. When you are coming drop them a line in advance & they will have your bike ready to go for you. Cleaned, tires checked & battery full charged with the bike waiting to go.

Chiang Mai Bike Storage

Hondaian

Dec 7, 2018
Thanks David. Good to know about the service at Piston Shop, might turn out to be very useful.