Hello from Mandalay

Gframe

Apr 19, 2022
I will be teaching at AIS in Mandalay this coming August. I'll be looking for a good bike that will be comfortable for my wife and me. I'm a BMW man, but open to suggestions.
Will be nice to get insider info from any of you.

Reactions: Eoin Christie

Horst

Nov 30, 2017
There's quite an active scene of bikers in Mandalay and Burma in general. Get a local friend to check the Burmese language F-book postings and you should be able to find a bike. I'd recommend a lighter bike and one you can get repaired if need be. There are plenty of Royal Enfields around. cheers and hope you'll enjoy Mandalay!

Gframe

Apr 19, 2022
Thank you so much. I'm a bigger guy (over 6 ft/210) so I don't want too small of a bike. Also, my wife will be riding with me 90% of the time. Your post is much appreciated. Are Royal Enfields pretty trustworthy?

Horst

Nov 30, 2017
hi there, I mean they get you from A - B and if something goes wrong the local mechanics find a way to fix them. Beamers are really hard to get your hands on, I've lived in Burma and actually never seen one... But, as I said, have someone with Burmese lanaguage skills check FB and I'm sire there will be someone who can help you with a big bike, might not be a beamer, tho...! good luck