Helmet law back in force

Aug 31, 2005
The Vientiane Times today is reporting that the police are cracking down on riding without a helmet in Vientiane. The fine is 30,000 kip. Apparently after a bit of a rough start with this law the authorities have decided to get on with it as of 1 Jan.

Jan 15, 2006
That's true and for the ones who cares about....do not forget that Genuine SHARK Helmets are distributed in Vientiane.
Helmets are available at Feuark Bike shop or direct to Papaya Spa at tel 216550, 020 7703103

Drive safe !
jean louis

jimoi

Nov 17, 2004
I've seen the enforcement, good and maybe long lasting for overall safety.

What I wonder about is what little gold mine for police funds will come next when people start to wear the helmets?

Aug 31, 2005
I've seen the cops out in force the past couple of days pulling up all riders without helmets. If they get pulled up they have to show papers as well. Solution - wear a helmet in Vientiane.

Jean Louis, I've seen the motocross helmets at Fuarks but do you also have open face and other styles for sale?

Jan 15, 2006
hy,

for the moment only Offroads and Full face types, I have lot more colors at Papaya Spa.

jean louis

types and Full face
quote:

Originally posted by Craypot

I've seen the cops out in force the past couple of days pulling up all riders without helmets. If they get pulled up they have to show papers as well. Solution - wear a helmet in Vientiane.

Jean Louis, I've seen the motocross helmets at Fuarks but do you also have open face and other styles for sale?