Ho Chi Minh Trail - Detailed Review

Jun 19, 2013
This is my first post and I'm a bit embarrassed as my bike is a lowly scooter but I thought you guys out there would like to read about my three month adventure traveling up the Ho Chi Minh Trail from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi.

To help other travelers I GPS(ed) my route and also did a review of each town I stayed. If you're planning on doing the trip you may well find some of the information quite helpful.

This is probably the best page to start - http://www.timevsfocus.com/leg-one-hcmc-to-mui-ne/ho-chi-minh-trail-route-overview/

All questions are welcome and if you ever get the chance to do the trip - don't think twice. Just make sure you do it with a friend rather solo like me!!!

DaveG
www.timevsfocus.com

Rod Page

Subscribed
Jan 7, 2010
Dave,
A very well written, highly detailed report bringing many of us up to date with current conditions in Vietnam. I hope you will not mind if I make reference to it on the Vietnam Trip Planning thread on this site as it is extremely useful for those planning to follow your lead - & there will be many.
I get a sense that it will only be a matter of time before you are back to enjoy the Mekong Delta & be stunned by the area north of Hanoi.
Look forward to reading your afterthoughts with the trip & report behind you.
Many thanks on a great effort.