Honda Big Wing - Chiang Rai

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
The Honda Big Wing construction in Chiang Rai has been getting favourable reports for a long time now & with the premises finally open it was time for a quick inspection.
GTR - IMG_0747.JPG

The Location: Google Maps
GTR - IMG_0748.JPG

The premises are large and impressive, bigger than Chiang Mai?

GTR - IMG_0749.JPG

The Showroom
GTR - IMG_0750.JPG

GTR - IMG_0752.JPG

GTR - IMG_0753.JPG

Next door & part of the premises is the Cub House coffee shop.
GTR - IMG_0765.JPG

GTR - IMG_0754.JPG

GTR - IMG_0756.JPG

GTR - IMG_0762.JPG

With a tribute to the mighty Honda Cub
GTR - IMG_0764.JPG

GTR - IMG_0755.JPG

and the Monkey
GTR - IMG_0759.JPG

GTR - IMG_0761.JPG

GTR - IMG_0760.JPG

There is also a small rage of biking accessories for sale
GTR - IMG_0757.JPG

GTR - IMG_0758.JPG

GTR - IMG_0766.JPG

Check it out sometime for some nice air conditioned comfort.

Apologies for the lack of workshop / service centre photos...next trip.

Last edited:

Heineken

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 2, 2019
Captain Wally and myself had a look around the new showroom in Chiang Rai last month, very impressive and had plenty of stock, including a few of the new 2019 CB500X with the 19" front wheel, even had a new Goldwing on the floor. Only minor issue we had was that none of the sales staff had good English, maybe we went on a day where there was minimal staff ?

Beware of the bollards when parking out the front of the premises, looked dangerous to us.

Heineken

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 2, 2019
The Honda Cub looks great with a few accessories.............................

Du1i7159J-4IdWUfsiqnevPmujJNO-kF5OuW80HgrVtyctayAbkKwmkpsgeKBzpSckcwGEUBLV0EFZPvBO=w1679-h944-no.jpg

Apr 23, 2006
Captain Wally and myself had a look around the new showroom in Chiang Rai last month, very impressive and had plenty of stock, including a few of the new 2019 CB500X with the 19" front wheel, even had a new Goldwing on the floor. Only minor issue we had was that none of the sales staff had good English, maybe we went on a day where there was minimal staff ?

Beware of the bollards when parking out the front of the premises, looked dangerous to us.
When I called in around the time they opened in January - the manager had some English, I wouldn't say he was fluent but not bad!

ianyonok

Subscribed
Dec 9, 2008
Honda Cub............. Gosh. Beauty in the eye of the beholder....?
Looks a total mismatch of ideas to me. Leg shields with alloy wheels.. really..?
Guess I'm old fashioned....

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Our Mate Patrick was there last week! His ABS light was on all the time on His Africa Twin so called into get it checked. He said no one knew anything and they don't even have a Diagnostic machine yet so couldn't do anything! So told to go to Chiangmai! He had no better luck there either by the way but that is another story Ha Ha! Needless to say He was disappointing!

Apr 23, 2006
That's pathetic - if two main dealers cannot sort out the problem! Slight excuse for ChiangRai - only been opened two or so months but no excuse at all for ChiangMai.

Heineken

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 2, 2019
Only minor issue we had was that none of the sales staff had good English, maybe we went on a day where there was minimal staff ?.

I bought my new bike from Honda Big Wing Chiang Rai just over a month ago and again none of the sales staff have much English, there is a lovely young girl who works in the coffee shop next-door (Honda Cub) and they ended up getting her over to help translate. I had the bikes 1st service a couple of days ago and again they had to get the coffee shop girl to help, she is fantastic and should be on there sales team :)

Speaking with another falang on wed and he said exactly the same, just get the coffee shop girl over to help you ;)

Reactions: Ian Bungy