HONDA TRANSALP wanted

Gary

Jan 4, 2004
Saw 2 for sale by the same guy in the classifieds of a Thai mag a few months ago. A 400 and a 650. Can't recall the name of the mag. May still be advertised in the mag.
Check around everywhere thoroughly as I've seen them going for as little a 50-60k to 200k for a 400.

Mar 1, 2006
quote:

Originally posted by SilverhawkUSA

quote:

Saw 2 for sale by the same guy in the classifieds of a Thai mag a few months ago. A 400 and a 650. Can't recall the name of the mag. May still be advertised in the mag.

Now that's helpful and specific informatiom..[8D]

Mar 1, 2006
Check around everywhere thoroughly as I've seen them going for as little a 50-60k to 200k for a 400.

Thank's for your mail. I do not understand what's the mag.Please let me know. I did not know there are Transalp's wit 400 cc in the market.

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Ramiquet-

There are quite a few TransAlp 400's in Pattaya that are for rent. I tried one when I was down there last year. Some of the bike rentals will sell you a bike, but they have usually been beaten up pretty good.

jon

Nov 3, 2006
To Ramiquet. There is a monthly mag on the stands.The main heading is in thai but directly underneath it says" Road kruang magazine". It has lots of little photos of bikes for sale inside and I have seen a few Transalps advertised.

Mar 1, 2006
Thank you, unfortunately I do not know what the mag is. If you could give me more information I would be very pleased.
thank you, René

quote:

Originally posted by ramiguet

quote:

Originally posted by SilverhawkUSA

quote:

Now that's helpful and specific informatiom..[8D]

Gary

Jan 4, 2004
quote:

Thank's for your mail. I do not understand what's the mag.Please let me know. I did not know there are Transalp's wit 400 cc in the market.

Sorry, I don't know the name of the magazine. Just go to any shop selling books, mags etc and look through them all. Don't buy them, just read them at the shop, same as what the Thais do.

Before buying a TA I suggest you check the engine countershaft spline for wear. Mine threw off the engine sprocket at 50k kms a couple of years back. It happens to quite a few TA's both 400 and 650.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by Gary

quote:

Sorry, I don't know the name of the magazine. Just go to any shop selling books, mags etc and look through them all. Don't buy them, just read them at the shop, same as what the Thais do.

Before buying a TA I suggest you check the engine countershaft spline for wear. Mine threw off the engine sprocket at 50k kms a couple of years back. It happens to quite a few TA's both 400 and 650.

Gary
Welcome back to the GT Rider board - long time no see or hear?
Are you still riding & what do you have now?
F650 / Transalp / ......?

Now re Transalp 400s / 650s - in my opinion this should be the best bike for rent in the North. However no one has any, why I don’t know. But for me it is very reliable, comfortable one or two-up, economical, underpowered so you don’t get into trouble unless you’re really ringing its neck like a total maniac.
Why doesn't someone start up a rental biz with Transalp 400s in the North I don’t know. But I wish they would do it.

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
David,

Thought about that myself - a rental biz with T.A 400's after spending 10 days down south on one a few years back. The big prob I would see is that there is too much plastic so when they (inevitably) take a slide down the road, the rental company has to suffer downtime on them whilst the panels are either painted or replaced. Other than that, agree 100%, would be a great bike for round here as "Jimoi" and "Bikeymikey" know already!

Cheers,

Pikey.

Oct 17, 2005
Yeah Pikey ...I have toyed with the idea of sellin my trusty Transalp but I just think I couldn`t bear to be without her even if she was to be replaced by a BMW 650 Dakar which has me drooling whenever i see one.
Sayin that if someone knows of a kosha Dakar for sale I`d be very tempted...me and the missus are lookin round for a decent 2 yr old pickup as well right now as her Civic is gettin tired. So gotta balance the cheque book etc etc ......
The Transalp hasnt let me down once in 2 years and as someone says just need to change the oil frequently ...I thoroughly rate it as the perfectall round bike for this area in Thailand ..I commute to work on it and tear off for a few hours into the mountains and sometimes throw me panniers over her and do a trip of a few days. Shes sometimes lacking in poke if Im wanting to get hustlin along ....but I tend to like cruisin and takin in the scenery most of the time and she is perfect for that.

sorry not to have been about boys ....busy developing a Business English course I~d like to get running later this year ...Im off soon to blighty for 2-3 weeks for family visit and visa etc etc..etc...sees you after that i hope

Mike

Jun 21, 2006
Hi Gary

You still got the Harley you will have to give us directions again to the mini grand canyon you took me to before

John
yellow 1150GS

Gary

Jan 4, 2004
Hi John,
Still got the Harley but selling it soon. Hope to get another bike around 500-750cc as a second bike to the Tranny.
That place we went to was Pong Yub near Suang Phung in Ratchaburi province. There're other places similar but better at Aranyaprathet and Nan/Phrae(?)