honda vfr 400

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by bodisatwa, Aug 21, 2007.

1. bodisatwa

bodisatwa Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have been talking to a guy that want to sell his Vfr 400. The bike looks very nice. It has a v twin and he says it tops about 240kmh.
    Theres brand new dunlop racing tires on it, green paper an reg, it was registered in thailand 1993 and he dont know the milage.
    The bike is a pure racing machine even if it´s street legal.
    I just want to know from you guys if it sounds like a good deal and if there is something i should look for that can be a problem in the future?
    I will look at the bike next week and even if i like it i will try to get it down to 60000. Just give me some advive of what i should think about.
    Cheers. Jon

2. desmomonstro

desmomonstro Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    never see a vfr 400 who top up 240

3. GypsyRider

GypsyRider Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

4. bodisatwa

bodisatwa Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok. So what you are saying is that he is bullshiting me abit. Its good to get the info from you guys couse i dont no that much about that kind of bikes.
    The guy was giving me al this info about the speed and the engine. I reacted just like you did about it. I might just send him some more questions and see what he says.
    Thanks guys!
    Jon

5. bodisatwa

bodisatwa Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have checked the info about the bike now.
    The specification is: Honda vfr 400 nc 211 replica. Have an open airflow exhaust system, V4 Engine and a Hrc cdi unit.
    ???
    I just drive the bikes and leave al the other stuff to people that knows. What do you guys say about this info?? I don´t need a bike that can do 240kmh but what kind of speeds are we talking about with this bike??
    Jon

6. JohhnyE

JohhnyE Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a NC35 (RVF400) the later version of the VFR400. About 200km/hr will be your limit depending on gearing and other modifications and of course your weight. If you are 80kg+ and not a little Thai or Jap weighing 65kg you might get it over 200km/hr.
    Most of the bikes in Thailand will have been crashed,badly maintained and serviced and fitted with poor quality tyres and cheap after market accessories. If this one has the RC211V fairings where are the originals? It's worth less without them. These were put on as the originals were smashed in a crash.
    The HRC CDI only raises the rev limt and doesn't add horsepower. However despite the abuse they get in Thailand they seem to be very reliable.

7. michaels

michaels Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

8. JohhnyE

JohhnyE Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The HRC CDI DOES NOT REMOVE THE 180kmh restriction. Other methods are used to do that as advised by Gypsy Rider.
    The HRC CDI is used for racing (hence HRC) and it's highly unlikely this bike has one. Have you checked this to be correct?

9. michaels

michaels Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0