Honda Win For Sale Saigon HCMC

Jun 17, 2012
Want to avoid the crowds and see the real Vietnam at your own pace?
My Girlfriend and I are really sad to see our Honda Win go, but it's time for someone else to have the adventure of a lifetime with it :)
We bought it about two months ago in Hanoi and drove it around North Vietnam and all the way down to HCMC.
I am a biker back home I made sure I bought one in good condition and have kept it that way with day to day maintenance plus visits to a mechanic when required for services. I turned down several Wins before I bought this one.
Honda Win is a good choice for 2 people AND their luggage or obviously just one Person. It comes
with the probably best customade Luggage Rack in Vietnam! Big enough to fit two backpacks on each side of the bike AND you can take it off in 1 min. when you don’t need it for daytrips (see pics.) Probably worth alone 30 $.
It seems to have more power than a number of other Honda Wins that we encountered on our journey, never struggling with the steep mountain passes.
The engine is strong enough for 2 people (we could overtake most of the other two-wheelers :))
and fortunately, we had no problems with the bike on our way.
We have done a lot of precautionary maintenance. The bike was given a full re-tune by a trusted Australian mechanic (http://vipbikes.org/) in Hanoi before the start off the trip like:
- New Fuel Filter - New front and back wheel bearings
- Cleaned Carburetor - New rear tire
- New Front and rear Brake drums - New neck bearing
- New Passengers foot pegs - New light bulbs
- New Handgrips - New Rear wheel Spokes
- New Accelerator and front Brake cable
AND we still have the receipt for the work done (cost us 3.4 mil. VND)
On our way we had New front (forks) and back suspensions, New front rims and spokes, New chain and sprockets fitted.
Basically a new bike! Sounds and runs perfectly :) We changed the oil every 600-700km.
I can promise you can ride the bike a few thousand kilometers
without investing any money (except oil change), but that's just 3 $.
The bike handles all types of terrain- mountains, big highways, small passes.
It would be perfect for someone looking to travel north through Vietnam from Saigon to Hanoi.

Everything except odo/speedometer works perfect. (Engine, transmission, clutch, suspension, brakes, wheels, light). It comes with:

• Blue ownership card
  • Extra Spark Plug
  • One Supreme rack
  • Some Tools
  • Customade wider larger Seat ( really helps for the long journeys)
  • Extra CDI
  • Two full-face helmets with visors, one with a Go pro Camera Mount
  • Lonely Planet Guidebook &Vietnamese Phrasebook
  • Bungee-straps to mount your luggage
  • Rain poncho so you can travel in style
  • Roadmap
  • Two sets of keys
  • Vietnamese Simcard
Here some Fotos of the Bike:http://www.flickr.com/photos/gordon13/sets/72157630072806551/
I'm happy to sit down and grab a coffee with anybody who wants tips on routes and interesting places to visit.
Asking price 350$. Send me an email to [email protected] or call my Viet number: 01203824984
Gordon

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
I hope you make a quick sale because it sounds like good value.

Now if you've got any photos & tips to share on the forum I'm sure there are a few people who'd like to see them, as it does sound as if you have a good trip.
What was good or bad about it?
What were the highlights & low lights.