How to track down previous owner?!

Klaus

Mar 8, 2004
I bought a 250 with book and plate and current registration from another Farang; since he wasn't interested in putting the bike in his name either, it is still in the previous Thai owners name. Now that I want to sell it I thought it would be better to have a copy of the previous owners ID to make the next change of ownership more easy. But no reply from the Thai owner! My question: Is there a way to contact the owner at his new address or is there another way to change ownership without too much hassle? - I got pulled over by police, had a copy of the book matching the license plate with me, no problems, no fine. But I feel better if I could provide a copy of an ID of the Thai owner when I sell it. Any help is appreciated!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Me: "Wear your helmet!" - She: "I don't know."

Mar 11, 2004
"I thought it would be better to have a copy of the previous owners ID to make the next change of ownership more easy"
Klaus, You WILL need a copy of the previous owners, ID card (both sides) and house registration (all signed) to change the name, its not really an option. Have you any details of the previous owner?, I tracked one down when I found out he lived in Buri Ram and was a policeman and then got my police friend to ring his counterpart in Buri Ram and located him,maybe start with the owners details in the Green book. Should have his name and address (in Thai)

Klaus

Mar 8, 2004
I sent a letter to the address in the green book, no reply. I wonder if I can locate the owner through the Department of Motor vehicles? - I am aware that to change ownership I need that information, but til now I had no problems with a copy of the book matching the license plate. Lee rode his TTR from Chiang Mai down to Malaysia and back, with no plate attached at all!

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
Well, I sent my girlfriend to the local Amphoe, and she returned with the new address of the person in the green book! Didn't know it would be that easy!

Klaus

Mar 8, 2004
Didn't know it's possible to log in with two different Usernames and the same password, either!