how to transfer the bike?

Feb 25, 2006
i've got someone who's really interested to buy my bike..
the only problem is he's in khon kaen, he askes me if i can go to a shop and that they do the transfer... anybody experience??
i want to leave thailand on wednesday/thursday
and he can only come tomorrow or in weekend. can someone help me out?
thanks!

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
If your bike is registered in Thailand you can sign the green book and give signed copies of your passport, visa,entry stamp and then you have to put your name in 3 different place in a thai form after that your buyer can in principle register the bike in his name at the verifiction center provided he has permission from immigration to register the bike. If you want to have it done in a few days it is impossible even if you use an agent hiko

hiko

Feb 25, 2006
where should i sign the green book???
these thai forms i can get on immigration???
thanx for the quick reply!

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
HI

AS FAR AS I REMEMBER YOU SIGN THE BOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LAST USED PAGE IN THE MIDDLE ( IF THAT HELPS YOU) THE OTHER PAPERS TO SIGN YOU CAN GET AT THE LOCAL VERIFICATION CENTER OR ACTUALLY ANY MOTORCYCLE SHOP WHO HANDLES REGISTRATION. GOOD LUCK.
hiko

hiko

Aug 3, 2004
Bob your best bet is your local Transport Office in the town where the bike is registered. Take all the books and paperwork mentioned above and sign all the forms. But all you can do is get it OUT of your name. The new owner has to get it IN to his name. Ownership is localised and he will have to do this in his town and the transport office will eventually (6 months I have been waiting) transfer their records of the bike to where the bike is domiciled.
Cheers Peter

"The Journey is the Destination"

Hovis

Jan 28, 2006
Amasing Thailand, here in Cambodia it's done in 10 minutes all paperwork and new registered in your name. The new registration card is ready in a month or a couple of days if you are in a hurry and don't mind the US 20 "express fee"

Scandinavian riders Banlung

mussen

Nov 14, 2005
quote:

Originally posted by Peter Hooper

Bob your best bet is your local Transport Office in the town where the bike is registered. Take all the books and paperwork mentioned above and sign all the forms. But all you can do is get it OUT of your name. The new owner has to get it IN to his name. Ownership is localised and he will have to do this in his town and the transport office will eventually (6 months I have been waiting) transfer their records of the bike to where the bike is domiciled.
Cheers Peter

Hi Peter, just curious if you've received your green book yet, as I have been waiting just as long. Did you buy in BKK? Cheers.

Aug 3, 2004
Hello Merky
Here’s how it went
1. In Feb 06 I went to Surin and bought the Phantom 200 off a Brit. The bike was registered in his Thai wifes name. I paid them the money and we all went to the Surin Transport Office and she filled in all sorts of forms some of which the Transport Office kept and some they gave back to me, along with the Green Book. She also left photocopies of her ID and house registration with them.
2. We came back to Sisaket and filled in a whole lot more forms and were told they would process it and let me know. They kept some forms, gave me some and I also kept the Green Book.
3. Nothing seemed to be happening so today I went to the Sisaket Tpt Office and they told me they had sent the forms to the previous owner by mistake.
4. They must then have written out another set because they gave me a few more forms to sign, got a photocopy of my Passport, picture page and last entry page, plus a copy of my Residency Certificate. (just a letter confirming Residency from my School)
5. They had me bring the bike around the back to an inspection area, where they did a rubbing of the Serial number tooted the horn and filled in a couple more forms.
6. I went back around to the front office where they took back the Surin No Plate and my old Rego and Insurance stickers and B1396.00.
7. They then gave me my new Sisaket No Plate, Rego sticker, Insurance sticker and Green book which they asked me to sign on the page that now bears my name.

Note;
The whole process today took almost 2 hours. I was accompanied both in Surin and in Sisaket by Thai people of rank within the Tpt Offices and known to the clerks. My English speaking Thai Office girl was also with us. I am sure this made the process a lot smoother and quicker than if I had been alone.
Note that for a smaller Honda the price would have been B316.00 less so I am guessing that for a higher CC model it would be higher. This is for Insurance.
I had to scrounge some tools to remove the old plates. I also had to race off and get photocopies of my Passport.
The total wad in the end was about 15 forms. It’s over and I am legal.
It all turned out to be a lot of fun really !!
Cheers,
Peter