Hydration Packs

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
I modified my armadillo backprotector so that my camelbak bladder fits into it.
It keeps things less bulky and works great. Will try to get some photos of it very soon and update.
I really like having it incorporated like this. Works really well.
Sounds innovative. Any chance of a photo. I'd like to see how it looks & works.

ZCM

Subscribed
Jun 23, 2011
cm
Sounds innovative. Any chance of a photo. I'd like to see how it looks & works.
Hey David, sure! I have some images and a short video for you :D
Camelbak_Hack.jpg

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Thanks Zoe. It looks like youve got it sorted.

Now as the heat continues -a month of 40 celsius + = Ive spotted this one

Veskimo Personal Cooling Systems
veskimo-personal-cooling-vest-1-400.jpg

This thin, lightweight liquid-cooled Personal Microclimate Body Cooling Vest is made from fast wicking, quick drying, highly breathable mesh fabric. Utilizing NASA-developed technology, it incorporates a network of over 50 feet of flexible micro tubing that will cool your upper body more effectively than any other cool shirt or cool vest on the market. Available in small, medium, large and extra large sizes, each features a zippered front making it easy to get on and off, with size-adjustable elastic straps providing a custom fit with unrestricted range of motion.

Quick-disconnect fittings on a single flexible insulated hose make for easy connection to either the Veskimo 4.4 Quart Hydration Backpack or 9 Quart Hand-Carry Cooler chilled water reservoir containing ice and water. The shirttail design of the cooling vest keeps it in place during the most rigorous activities. Perfect for sports, racing, motorcycling, bicycling, construction and industrial uses, it creates a personal microclimate of COOL under your clothing in hot and humid environments.

The Veskimo Personal Coolling system for motorcyclists

How a Veskimo Water Cooled Vest Works
Veskimo Personal Cooling Systems
Think of it as "Water Cooled Underwear"
Chilled water is circulated through microtubing incorporated into a thin, comfortable, lightweight mesh fabric vest that functions as water-cooled underwear. Heat from your body is transferred through the tubing and into the water, which is circulated back to an insulated hydration backpack or portable cooler containing ice and a small high-efficiency pump. The heat is absorbed by slowly melting the ice. The temperature of the water stays constant, and therefore so does the body cooling power, until all of the ice has melted. With periodic recharging of ice, the system provides continuous consistent cooling regardless of changes in the external environmental conditions. No other type of cooling system can provide such consistent continuous comfort in all conditions.

Does anyone have any experience with something as elaborate as this?

Reactions: ZCM

ZCM

Subscribed
Jun 23, 2011
cm
Thats an interesting concept and design David.
At $219.00 though, mine is a really cheap hack!
I dont get cooled all over though, just the back area.
On seriously hot days I have sometimes just doused myself a bit with ice water from my pack because with my mesh jacket it pretty much dries out over a short period in any case.

Edit: Forgot to mention that before trying out the backprotector version i did try putting the bladder in my tank bag.
I didnt like the hose fuss much though..well i found it a fuss a little bit. Did like that it was completely off my back though.
I considered playing with a bumbag concept..because the bag is on the seat then, but attached to me.
But the backprotector design worked out so well for me that im staying with that.
I find it really comfortable.