Icon Pursuit Gloves - Fake?

Nov 7, 2007
Bought Icon Pursuit gloves to replace ones I lost in Chiang Mai - 1,200 Baht!

This is a price that is a little too good - the same gloves go for $75 in the USA, and over 3,000 from the official Icon dealer in Thailand.

I asked them about it, they told me the ones I have are fakes. Yet... they don't look like fakes! They feel great (which is why I bought them again); and from what I can tell using high res images on the web, they look exactly the same. Same number of stitches, same flex leather inserts, same perforation, same ... everything. There's a lot of detail on a glove and they hit every one of them.

So are these - old stock? Smuggled out of the factory? Factory rejects? Or is there actually a whole other factory set up that produces exact 1:1 copies? I find that a little hard to believe especially for an item I am sure doesn't sell in huge numbers.

Aug 25, 2012
nikster;301018 wrote: Bought Icon Pursuit gloves to replace ones I lost in Chiang Mai - 1,200 Baht!

This is a price that is a little too good - the same gloves go for $75 in the USA, and over 3,000 from the official Icon dealer in Thailand.

I asked them about it, they told me the ones I have are fakes. Yet... they don't look like fakes! They feel great (which is why I bought them again); and from what I can tell using high res images on the web, they look exactly the same. Same number of stitches, same flex leather inserts, same perforation, same ... everything. There's a lot of detail on a glove and they hit every one of them.

So are these - old stock? Smuggled out of the factory? Factory rejects? Or is there actually a whole other factory set up that produces exact 1:1 copies? I find that a little hard to believe especially for an item I am sure doesn't sell in huge numbers.
Where did you buy them from?