Insurance for big bikes

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Dear Friends,

Anyone would have a good advice for insuring a big (and costfull) bike. My wife phoned to the insurance company who uses to cover our cars but the decline for the bike.

Of course, I have the mandatory minimum insurance, but I think that won't be enough.

Does anyone would have knowledge around this I completly ignore in Thailand, what to do, where to suscribe, is there a distinction between for instance Japanese bikes and others ???...

Many thanks by advance.

Nov 14, 2006
Yes there is. Thai Sri Insurance, not long ago they started to insure other big bikes than HD. Call Daniel on 028787156, he will email u details.
The full insurance (fire, theft, total loss) for my -02 R1, was about 25-30k per year. It was insured at 300k in case of total loss.

Brgs,
Tom

Oct 17, 2006
Most insurance companies will only offer comprehensive 1st class insurance on bikes up to 6 years old . After that its Theft and Government accident cover only.

jerry

Jun 21, 2006
Below is email I just received from my broker.
He is a Farang who can read and speak Thai so no problem understanding the policy issued

If interested send us an email and I will give you his details.
I have been using him for a couple of years now.

John,

I offer fully comprehensive insurance for Harleys, BMWs and large Japanese bikes with engines over 900 cc.

I know I can cover bikes up to 10 years old, in some cases older ones are accepted.

Please send a copy of the registration with a completed application form for a quote.

I also have to take 4 photos of the bike before the policy can be issued.

Happy New Year,

Eric.