Insurance

monty1412

Ol'Timer
Oct 16, 2011
60
0
6
Any updates on where to get Ist class Insurance.. My Ducati Multistrada up for renewal and I was with AIA but premium has gone up 30% from last year.... Believe their is a company called Falcon or Stockton who do big bikes but someone said that was only for Kawasaki's.. any update on insurance companies that do big bikes appreciated
( Please note I know allot of folks do not do first class insurance however I took over a financial contract when I bought the bike and have to thus have first class insurance... just in case anyone was going to write back and advise not to get 1st class insurance)
 

Mactao

Member
Oct 22, 2012
23
0
1
Hello There,

I have tried to get an insurance quote for the renewal of the insurance on my Kawasaki versys 650 and did not get any answer... I've tried the request form on the GT rider website, contacted them directly via email given on their website and no answer... It was thursday last week. I got 2 quotes from brokers in Bangkok but would have liked to have one from them since they are recommended by GT rider... Are they still operating?

Many thanks!
 

DavidFL

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 16, 2003
12,469
2,879
113
67
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Mactao;293006 wrote: Hello There,

I have tried to get an insurance quote for the renewal of the insurance on my Kawasaki versys 650 and did not get any answer... I've tried the request form on the GT rider website, contacted them directly via email given on their website and no answer... It was thursday last week. I got 2 quotes from brokers in Bangkok but would have liked to have one from them since they are recommended by GT rider... Are they still operating?

Many thanks!
Try Tony again here
[email protected]
 

Mactao

Member
Oct 22, 2012
23
0
1
Hello David,
I already sent an email on that email address last thursday. Forwarded it again just now to the same address. Let's see.
Thanks anyway
 

daewoo

Ol'Timer
Dec 6, 2005
821
13
18
Mactao;293008 wrote: Hello David,
I already sent an email on that email address last thursday. Forwarded it again just now to the same address. Let's see.
Thanks anyway
I emailed Tony on that address yesterday and got a response the same day.

Maybe try him again.
 

mike33

Member
Dec 10, 2013
6
0
0
Hi folks,

Been a lurker for a long time but this is my first post as I wanted some opinions.

I have always had 1st class full coverage on my motorcycle & truck but, no health insurance
My full coverage on the bike is coming up for renewal again & looking at it I see it has
50k for myself & 50k for my passenger medical expenses for accident
Of course for the other guy if I should damage person or property the limits are quite high
500k each person & 10million each accident.

I do not ride this bike often maybe once or twice a week & just for sport usually up in Samoeng etc.
Would you think I would be better served with a more basic motorcycle policy
& instead buying a higher limit health/accident type policy?
I cannot afford/justify both

I am a healthy person & not overly concerned about personal health policy willing to pay out of pocket
but the limits seem better on a health policy if in fact it also covers a motorcycle crash?

Any advice?
Thanks
 

DavidFL

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 16, 2003
12,469
2,879
113
67
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
mike33;295215 wrote: Hi folks,

Been a lurker for a long time but this is my first post as I wanted some opinions.

I have always had 1st class full coverage on my motorcycle & truck but, no health insurance
My full coverage on the bike is coming up for renewal again & looking at it I see it has
50k for myself & 50k for my passenger medical expenses for accident
Of course for the other guy if I should damage person or property the limits are quite high
500k each person & 10million each accident.

I do not ride this bike often maybe once or twice a week & just for sport usually up in Samoeng etc.
Would you think I would be better served with a more basic motorcycle policy
& instead buying a higher limit health/accident type policy?
I cannot afford/justify both

I am a healthy person & not overly concerned about personal health policy willing to pay out of pocket
but the limits seem better on a health policy if in fact it also covers a motorcycle crash?

Any advice?
Thanks
Join the GTR group health insurance policy + take out Voluntary 3rd Party Insurance
https://www.gt-rider.com/motorcycles-in-thailand/motorcycle-insurance-cover
 

DavidFL

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 16, 2003
12,469
2,879
113
67
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
mike33;295311 wrote: Thank You David

So I see the health insurance starts at 13,440 THB
How roughly much does it cost to add that Voluntary 3rd party to that?

Thank You
About 3,000 baht from memory, but the insurance guy Tony Dabbs is the one to answer that.
 

mike33

Member
Dec 10, 2013
6
0
0
Thank you David
I did send in a quote request but never heard back.
I should have checked into this sooner as my policy expires in a day.
So I went ahead & renewed with MSIG/Lockton

Will still check on that Health Insurance though.
Thank again for the help