Interesting Day ride Udon

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Approximatley 270 Klms six hours easy riding

This is the original ride plan:

This is really exploring the goal is to find a smoother road to Ban Phu from Udon:

Ride Plan

0930 Meet at Harry's Bar on Ring Road

Take 2263 to Kut Chap

Approximatley 5 Klm past Kut Chap right turn on un marked road ( this one is the wild card)

to 2098 right turn toward Ban Phu.

to 2348 Left Turn stop at Phu Pra Historical Park

This is really exploring the goal is to find a smoother road to Ban Phu from Udon: We didn't achieve that goal :roll:

Return to Udon

This is what really happened, but thats what exploring is about:
Ride Plan

0930 Meet at Harry's Bar on Ring Road

Took 2263 to Kut Chap

Approximatley 5 Klm past Kut Chap right turn on un marked road ( this one is the wild card. We folowed this but it les top dirt roads altouhg they looked well maintained we past on it.

Went back got lost one of the things I do well :lol:

As we arrived back in Kut Chap saw a sign to Ban Phu took that to through the villages. One of the guys had a GPS this was rural Udon route 4014, although I did not see it marked anywhere. This was a different way then I had been before

(yuo can just go straight at Kut Chap and connect to the 2098, a very pretty ride with less village riding)

To 2021 to Ban Phu

To 2348 Left Phu Pra Historical Park just keep going and you see a huge sign fo the entrance and maybe for there seven Klms ot the actual park.

We didn't go in, but were aked a fee of 30 baht each, my wife told me taht as the Thai's arrived it was 10 baht for them, who know, for 20 baht I won't be getting real upset about things like that..

Retraced our route bak to Ban Phuthen 2020 to Tha Bo

211 along the river to Nong Khia

2 back to Udon

2022 to Phen

Follow the signs to Ban Dung yuo will end up on the 2312

You will see signs to Udon if yuo take the first two signs you run accorss yuo will be back on the 2.

If wait till the third one make a right turn it will take you back to Udon's ring road at the global intersection, this is a much more beuatiful ride then the nong Khai highway. The easiest way to spot that sign is ther is a huge waht on the corner the only one you will see on a corner.

If yuo dont tuen it will take yuo to the 22 at Nong Han. keep going it will take you to the Khan kean highway at Kumpawapi

Good day easy riding lots of stop for telling lies. You could easily do it in five hours riding harder then I do. :wink:

So that was our big adventure for the final ride of the year

Su Waa Dii Pii Mai :D