International riders just coming back to Cambodia , connect with riders in Thailand

Sep 22, 2004
Happy to say that international riders have started coming back to Cambodia since the end of January 2022 - since March 2020.. what a long haul is had been.! Local riders were good to us and we have got this far.
We have welcomed riders from Phuket before, who have flown in, but wanted to connect with riders in or around Phuket and the border of Pailin and see if we could meet a gang of riders at the border for a friendly ride around here or all the way to Siem Reapa and back . some time away. Hard to know when borders will open but would like to do more border crossings, more connecting with riders on the Thai side and see what we can do to connect. We also have Osmacht, North East as a border crossing we meet riders at - these two are the best bet, Pailin and Osmacht , Best regards, Sheila

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Great to hear from you again.
Once the land borders are open for free independent travel, like the good l days, I reckon there will be a stampede of riders out there touring the region.
But will the border crossings be any easier, or more confusing & corrupt? That's going to be an issue and we will just have to wait and see what the post-covid rules are for border crossings.

JustRide

Sep 20, 2022
Siem Reap
www.justride.asia
Great to hear from you again.
Once the land borders are open for free independent travel, like the good l days, I reckon there will be a stampede of riders out there touring the region.
But will the border crossings be any easier, or more confusing & corrupt? That's going to be an issue and we will just have to wait and see what the post-covid rules are for border crossings.
Confusion and corruption is part and parcel of living and riding in SEA :D So far, border crossings from Thailand seem much the same as before. The main difference on the Cambo side is that there is now an app that you need to download for Cambo Customs. It's advisable to download and complete as much as possible prior to arriving at the border, its also a good idea to have roaming activated so that you can access the app at the border.

IOS:

Android:
Best and easiest borders are still Choam and Osmach; this gets you straight onto the best and emptiest roads of the the North and not far to Siem Reap. Most of the roads in the South are still a disaster zone so save your beach time for Thailand! And please, avoid the highways as I'm sick of hearing International riders complain about the riding here, but then I find out all they did was follow google on highways. Sooooo many other options, you just need to ask the locals.

Feel free to join us here:

Cheers,
Dean

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Confusion and corruption is part and parcel of living and riding in SEA :D So far, border crossings from Thailand seem much the same as before. The main difference on the Cambo side is that there is now an app that you need to download for Cambo Customs. It's advisable to download and complete as much as possible prior to arriving at the border, its also a good idea to have roaming activated so that you can access the app at the border.

IOS:

Android:
Best and easiest borders are still Choam and Osmach; this gets you straight onto the best and emptiest roads of the the North and not far to Siem Reap. Most of the roads in the South are still a disaster zone so save your beach time for Thailand! And please, avoid the highways as I'm sick of hearing International riders complain about the riding here, but then I find out all they did was follow google on highways. Sooooo many other options, you just need to ask the locals.

Feel free to join us here:

Cheers,
Dean

Many thanks for the info & update.