Intrusion/Hacking attempts?

Nov 7, 2007
Hi Ben, with stunts like this you probably better off to change the hosting Company. A hosting company has to be 24/7 available . A downtime longer than 4 hours is over my personal quota of acceptance.

Jun 13, 2010
I totally agree with Mbox on this one.

The fact that they do have a virus problem on another website on the same server shouldnt penalize you in any ways, not even talking about the downtime.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
2wheels;276555 wrote:

But one thing puzzles me.
Who are the 'known miscreants'?
Are they suspected of having anything to do with GTR problems of recent?
Is there evidence?
If they are 'known' they should be relatively easy to investigate.
No need to open up a can of worms in public here Ron. Things have been & are difficult enough. Leave it at that.

Oct 30, 2010
Feedback : The problem (if it ever existed) seems to have gone away. My AV has not PINGed since. Good job Admin. Cheers!

Jan 17, 2012
Still getting anti virus warnings

gtridervirus.jpg

Jan 12, 2003
Due to relentless efforts by people determined to take down GT-Rider.com, we now have www.Sucuri.net providing 6-Hourly Monitoring of our website, plus malware, anti-virus & phishing removal services as/if required. Here's what they will do;

[list type=decimal]
[*]Hands-on malware removal (yes, they will clean our site for us)
[*]Assist with Web Site Hardening (to make sure it doesn't get reinfected)
[*]Guarantee from Securi.net (for one year - If it does get reinfected, they will clean up at no extra charge)
[*]Web site monitoring (they will notify us if there is something wrong with our site)
[/list type=decimal]
In the past week, there have been (at least) four separate atacks on GT-Rider. There is an old adage that; "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, thrice is enemy action…"

[list type=decimal]
[*]- the first incident was a Blackhole Exploit Kit attack on a WordPress plugin last week
[*]- that was followed by a reported incident with Forum image files
[*]- followed by the phishing link injection into a related site on the same server
[*]- followed by a Phoenix Exploit Attack on the forum overnight
[/list type=decimal]

Nov 7, 2007
Having checked on a couple of Computers around the House i have not found any problems on gt-rider.com anymore :) nor did Kaspersky, AVG or Avast "complain" ever again....umm with ongoing attacks it probably is best to have someone monitoring the website as you already arranged for , but it is so stupid from these Attackers (or those behind) - i'll never understand why they do this sh*t!

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
In the past week, there have been (at least) four separate atacks on GT-Rider. There is an old adage that; "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, thrice is enemy action…"

Now Why would anyone Be Surprised at that Ben? Seems the More Successful You are the More Jealous People become? Sorry for all the Hassles You have had to put up with Sir. Good Luck Mate!

Nov 7, 2007
Ian Bungy;276800 wrote: In the past week, there have been (at least) four separate atacks on GT-Rider. There is an old adage that; "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, thrice is enemy action…"

Now Why would anyone Be Surprised at that Ben? Seems the More Successful You are the More Jealous People become? Sorry for all the Hassles You have had to put up with Sir. Good Luck Mate!
My thought as well....jealousy must be horrible to some.

Ben/David, on another Note....you seem to have an awful lot of visitors (lurkers) now and i thought it is like guesstimated 10 times more than before....could it be that some "automated" visits taking place in order to annoy your bandwith? It may be another Form of attack .... although hope it is not.

mbox

Jan 12, 2003
Hi mbox

Actually, its more a case of the latest version of the software showing more accurate details. We are currently averaging approximately 3,500 Visitors Per Day, so there's a lot of people online on the site all the time, from all over the world.

Nov 7, 2007
Admin001;277112 wrote: Hi mbox

Actually, its more a case of the latest version of the software showing more accurate details. We are currently averaging approximately 3,500 Visitors Per Day, so there's a lot of people online on the site all the time, from all over the world.
Um, thats interesting so the old vbulletin you had did count wrong? I usually crosscheck my stats from phpbb 3.x with my servers stats and they do appr. match .. but i figured out why you having so many lurkers,it is the fact that your new updated software includes all spiders and bots so this morning i had a brief look and there were more than 230 counts of Baido spider and this wasn't the only one (included in the lurker count). So this means that the current counter is in fact doing wrong and counts the spiders and bots as actual lurkers...i am sure you can change this in the counter , i can do it on phpbb so vbulletin should also be able to . Not that this affects anyone but it explains that you are not threatened by a flood-attack on your website .

Oh when you in the acp next time may i suggest to adjust the system time to Thai time?

so now we are having an IT thread in the Biker Forum :)

Jan 12, 2003
Hi mbox

Forum Time: its always been set to Bangkok time, e.g.; +7 GMT. However, members can override the forum time in their Profile Settings. Therefore, if you are not seeing the local Thai time, you need to check your profile settings.

Statistics: I never look at the forum visitor stats because the server logfile stats include the entire site. GT-Rider is divided into an outer WordPress website with an inner vBulletin forum, so the forum stats are only a part of the overall picture. The server logfiles are viewed via AwStats, which EXCLUDES all known search engine spiders and bots from the Visitor Traffic counts.

SE Spiders:
vBulletin's only settings regarding spider display is "Enable the identification of search engine spiders" - Yes or No. There is no option to remove them from forum statistics, merely the option of identifying them. :smile1:

Nov 7, 2007
Thanks Ben, umm i never actually looked to change the time in profile since i created the account a couple of years ago :) but it must have had default from perhaps server location...anyways i am back in Thailand Time now.

AWstats is the one i have from the Hosts Server which really is some of the very nice stat counters ...

I guess the identified spiders are then counted as lurkers...not right really, but no particular harm caused either :)