January 2022 proposed dinners

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
An idea to kick of 2022 nicely.

As CSL in Si Satchanalai has been the most popular GTR Up Country dinner why not have a late post New Year Dinner to get 2022 off to a flying start.
Then have the regular last Wednesday of the month dinner as usual on 26th February.

Would Saturday 15th January @ CSL be a good idea for a GTR dinner?

Saturday is proposed in the hope we can get more riders to come, who may work during the week & only have the weekends free.
A GTR Weekend Warriors event.

Then Wednesday 26th January mosey over to Piang Luang.

Then in February 23 hit Sa Iab & the Sakthong.

The aim being to move the dinners around to different areas in the North, so you ride a different road network.

Comments please.

Last edited:
May 31, 2004
Thanks for the details. Won't be able to make Sri Satch on 15 January but happy with the end-of-month dinners for January and February.

Reactions: mikerust

Hawkus

Subscribed
Apr 12, 2021
Sa Lap looks interesting. At this stage, Australia Day (Jan 26) works for me

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Let Me know as soon as Piang Luang and Sa Iab is confirmed. Both were awesome the last time we were there! Brilliant. I will book as soon as confirmed!

Thanks Bungy. Ive actually been re-thinking now to make February as Rak Thai, the end of the cold season / start of the foggy season.
Then move Sa Iab to March in the warm smoky season, so we can appreciate the chilled ai-con of the Sakthong more.
All to be confirmed of course.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Thanks Bungy. Ive actually been re-thinking now to make February as Rak Thai, the end of the cold season / start of the foggy season.
Then move Sa Iab to March in the warm smoky season, so we can appreciate the chilled ai-con of the Sakthong more.
All to be confirmed of course.
Oh yes that would be a brilliant Idea! Smart thinking!

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Which Rak Thai?

The one that was cancelled in May 2021

May 31, 2004
An idea to kick of 2022 nicely.

As CSL in Si Satchanalai has been the most popular GTR Up Country dinner why not have a late post New Year Dinner to get 2022 off to a flying start.
Then have the regular last Wednesday of the month dinner as usual on 26th February.

Would Saturday 15th January @ CSL be a good idea for a GTR dinner?

Saturday is proposed in the hope we can get more riders to come, who may work during the week & only have the weekends free.
A GTR Weekend Warriors event.

Then Wednesday 26th January mosey over to Piang Luang.

Then in February 23 hit Sa Iab & the Sakthong.

The aim being to move the dinners around to different areas in the North, so you ride a different road network.

Comments please.
Hi David, is 26 January Piang Luang a-go? I definitely would like to make that one..

Reactions: Ian Bungy

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Hi David, is 26 January Piang Luang a-go? I definitely would like to make that one..

Yes Piang Luang is on.