journalist/writer query

Feb 25, 2006
My name is Andrew Spooner, I am journalist and photographer from London UK. I am widely published and work with the Guardian, Observer, Independent, CNN and BBC. Please check my website - Link removed. I am also the writer of the Footprint guidebook to Thailand (www.footprintbooks.com).

Later this year I am returning to Thailand to update my book. This will take about 2months. During this period I want to use a motorcycle. At present I am approaching various motorcycle rental outlets in Chiang Mai to see what is possible. Basically I will need something of at least 250cc, preferably offroad and with mechanical support should it become necessary. Most of my riding will be on normal roads and I don't plan to do serious offroad. I want to make a deal with whoever helps me with this. I can offer free advertising space (starting price if you pay cash is THB35,000) in the Footprint guidebook, free recommendation in my book as well as inclusion in any other stories I write.

I do understand that it might be hard for me to secure something for free but also realise a free advertisement in a Footprint guidebook could help whoever takes this up a lot of business. To that end I am looking to make a good, fair deal.

I am a 100% bonafide and wouldn't expect anybody to do anything without a signed deal from Footprint guidebooks.

If you feel you can help please reply to this or send me an email at [email [email protected]][email protected][/email].