Kawasaki ER-6n released for 225,000,- Baht

bard

Oct 2, 2008
Kawasaki done it again, they released the ER-6n for 225,000,- Baht which is almost 1/2 price of a FZ6. No doubt this bike will be sold in big numbers to happy new owners. And unless Yamaha slashes the price with at least 100,000,- Baht they can almost just as well withdraw the FZ6 from the market. Hopefully this will bring more models for a more livable price in Thailand.

Thank God that Kawasaki is pushing the way ahead for bigger more affordable bikes in Thailand. Now for the rest of the dealers follow up please. Next model from Kawa is rumored to be ZX 10, so let's see...

Cheers Bard

Moto-Rex

Subscribed
Jan 5, 2008
One motorbike hire shop in CM has a large order of ER-6n's, so youll be able to try before you buy.

muzza

Apr 24, 2006
Kawasaki on rama 9 in bangkok have a demo bike now to try and the price is 225K, two colours available black and " orangey red " , they are taking deposits for delivery in February.

Had a run round the carpark and like the feel of the bike but need to get it on the road to really decide.

Sep 4, 2007
Its great news that Kawasaki have extended their low pricing policy to this larger capacity bike.
I do not believe however that it is in the same performance league as the Yamaha or even the Kawasaki 4 cylinder sports bikes. This bike is aimed at the budget end of the market and the list price is normally about 60% of the sports 600 's, so while a reduction in Yamaha prices would be very welcome, I do not see it happening.

Nov 7, 2007
MSRP for the ER-6n is pretty much the same as the Yamaha FZ6. I am using the U.S. MSRP as a benchmark because it's usually a good price compared to other countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_FZ6 shows a MSRP of USD 7,290
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ER-6n shows a US MSRP of 6,799

So there's something like $500 between these two in the real world. Thai prices are determined by taxation to a large extent, and taxation depends on where the bike was made. Has nothing to do with how much bike you get.

The import prices for Japanese-made bikes should fall over the next few years under the FTA, as I understand. I don't know exact figures though.

Sep 4, 2007
Apologies you are correct. I was looking at the UK price of the sports 600,s
UK list as follows:
pounds
Yamaha R6 7499
Yamaha Fazer FZ6 5299
Kawasaki ZX6R 7300
Kawasaki ER6N 4595

So at current UK exchange rates the ER6N is actually slightly cheaper in Thailand. Amazing, hope it lasts.

Nov 7, 2007
johngooding wrote: Apologies you are correct. I was looking at the UK price of the sports 600,s
UK list as follows:
pounds
Yamaha R6 7499
Yamaha Fazer FZ6 5299
Kawasaki ZX6R 7300
Kawasaki ER6N 4595

So at current UK exchange rates the ER6N is actually slightly cheaper in Thailand. Amazing, hope it lasts.
Yamaha doesn't make it easy because they have two versions of the Fazer, the FZ6 and the FZ6 S2. The S2 is tuned and has 98hp@12,000RPM, I see a list price of GBP 5,649 on the UK site. The USD price I listed above is for the FZ6.

But as as to not get too carried away - the Kawa is a real bike, has excellent reviews, and an amazing price that's unmatched by any other brand on the Thai market ATM.

And the most exciting thing about this is that it will hopefully bring down the prices from the other manufacturers in the coming years. I have read somewhere that Honda and Yamaha are happy to "wait it out" e.g. wait until the import taxes under the FTA are low enough that it doesn't make much difference whether the bike was made in Thailand or in Japan. I hope that's not true...

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
I rode the Ninja 650 here in TH and was very impressed with the smooth twin; it accelerated evenly all the way to redline with surprising torque at low revvs for a parallel twin.
Of course, I'm used to the 125cc Wave and have a 30hp 250 - if you compare the ER6 to a CBR600RR it couldn't keep up, but for a readily available bike with plates and service it's a reat deal for the money. Personally I expected it to be close to 300K!
Smart move, Kawasaki! Now it's up to the buying public to make it a success...

Sep 24, 2008
moto rex whats the name of the rental shop getting the ER6's have you any contact details.
thanks allan

Dec 27, 2007
I placed a deposit for a "Diablo Black" ER-6n last Monday and my bike will be ready for pick up on Wednesday!
ER6NBlack2009.jpg

And I agree that the Yamaha FZ6 has a performance advantage (~20 more HP) over the Kawasaki ER-6n, as it's based on the incredible YZF R6 engine, but at 447,000THB the FZ6 is certainly not 222,000THB better than the ER-6n! :wink:

Otherwise the ER-6n is about 15Kg lighter than the FZ6 and the parallel twin of the ER-6 cranks out more torque than the inline four of the FZ6...

So, if the prices were at all similar I'd go for the FZ6, but here in Thailand where I can get the ER-6n for 222,000 LESS, the choice is quite easy.

011909ER6nSm.jpg

I'm already thinking of all the mods I can do with the 222,000THB I saved. Akrapovic exhaust and a Powercommander III will be a good start! 8)

011909ER6n1Sm.jpg

These bikes are selling like MAD!

For anyone interested here's the price and breakdown of the new 2009 Kawasaki ER-6n:

Unit Price: 210,280.37
7% Tax: 14,719.63
TOTAL: 225,000.00

Required Insurance:645.21

Price on the road: 226,570.21

011909ER6nMeSm.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

bard

Oct 2, 2008
johngooding wrote: Its great news that Kawasaki have extended their low pricing policy to this larger capacity bike.
I do not believe however that it is in the same performance league as the Yamaha or even the Kawasaki 4 cylinder sports bikes. This bike is aimed at the budget end of the market and the list price is normally about 60% of the sports 600 's, so while a reduction in Yamaha prices would be very welcome, I do not see it happening.
You're right about that John,

I bought me a brand new Yamaha FZ6 S2 which I will pick up next time I get home from offshore, can't wait to get it. Price is hefty but I really fell in love with that beauty and the Yamaha dealer is making it easy to buy, great service.

I hoped the price would go down when Kawasaki released the ER6 but no, so I just bit the bullet and went for it.

Cheers Bard

Nov 7, 2007
bard wrote: [quote quote=johngooding]Its great news that Kawasaki have extended their low pricing policy to this larger capacity bike.

I bought me a brand new Yamaha FZ6 S2 which I will pick up next time I get home from offshore, can't wait to get it. Price is hefty but I really fell in love with that beauty and the Yamaha dealer is making it easy to buy, great service.

I hoped the price would go down when Kawasaki released the ER6 but no, so I just bit the bullet and went for it.
They won't go down as long as people like you keep buying them for 2x the price anyway. So thanks a lot, Bard ;)

j/k :D:D

The FZ6 S2 is about EUR 1000 more than the ER-6n in the UK so that should give an indication of how they compare, more or less. Of course there's the intangible character of the bike....

Also you are going to avoid being just one of many, many, many ER-6ns that are going to hit the streets of Thailand shortly :D

Dec 27, 2007
nikster wrote: Tony, how much is the PowerCommander III and what does it do? Can you get it in Thailand?
Hiya Nikster,

PowerCommanders generally run about US$300-400 and are easily shipped to Thailand.
Some basic info:
The Dynojet Power Commander plugs inline with your bike’s stock fuel injection system. It uses OEM (original equipment manufacturer) style connectors making installation easy and quick. The PCIIIusb allows a full range of fuel adjustment, as much as +/- 100% over stock. Adjustments can be made either with a Windows based computer or by using the face plate mounted button adjusters. No permanent changes are made to the bike’s system. Once the unit is removed the bike reverts to its stock settings.
Read more here: http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander_iii_usb/powercommander_information.aspx
Happy Trails!

bard

Oct 2, 2008
Powercommander is sold and setup by Dirtshop for horrible 15,000,- Baht but now when they bought a brand new dynojet dyno for bikes they will set it up there included in the price... The dyno is excellent, so this is the first pro dyno we get in Thailand. Yes the PCIII is expensive but if they set it up mapped for your bike for free it's worth it with the PCIII.

Another cool thing on the PCIII is that you can download the fuel burn, all the temperatures, all engine data after a trip or a run and that is very good.

Cheers Bard

bard

Oct 2, 2008
nikster wrote: [quote quote=bard][quote quote=johngooding]Its great news that Kawasaki have extended their low pricing policy to this larger capacity bike.

They won't go down as long as people like you keep buying them for 2x the price anyway. So thanks a lot, Bard ;)

j/k :D:D

The FZ6 S2 is about EUR 1000 more than the ER-6n in the UK so that should give an indication of how they compare, more or less. Of course there's the intangible character of the bike....

Also you are going to avoid being just one of many, many, many ER-6ns that are going to hit the streets of Thailand shortly :D
Haha exactly

KenYam

Nov 2, 2007
CNX is suppose to be launching the ER-6N tommorrow for those members who are interested to have a gander.

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Friends,

Surfing on this post, I should say that I am completly puzzle by the good value for money this KAWA Er-6 N brings...Bravo KAWA ! Just imagine it's 4/5 times the price of a mopet...Waouh what a bike, Tony tells us !

bard

Oct 2, 2008
That's what he said about the few months old Ninja 250 as well which he sold, I bet 100 baht his ER6 is sold within a year ;)

Just wait until he trails behind Trent (A.K.A Ghostrider or NakedMAN) with his new FZ6 S2 which is pimped up for a couple of months then he'll sell it for a new bike again :roll:

I am very happy Kawasaki went for such a good price for it, good now we will get more bigger bikes in Thailand which I appreciate a lot. Unfortunately since all the other bikes are imported and not Made in Thailand, they cannot compete in price with it, makes the price exceptional in Thailand so it will be rolling lot of ER6n on the roads in the future versus other bikes which again is not so cool, I like a diverse big bike environment. Then again still people buy the other brands so guess they have buyers who support them luckily. Er6 riders will be one of many while others will be one of few I guess.

Cheers Bard

Dec 27, 2007
Woohoo!

Picked up my new ER-6n yesterday and am loving it! Showed up a bit late on account of a flat tire on the truck this morning so one guy got ahead of me but no worries- the folks at Kawasaki are always a pleasure to deal and joke with and my missus went across the street to get food for everyone and we all had a good time.

Here's the guy who camped out (kidding!) to get his ER-6n first today:
012809KawasakiSm.jpg

He hasn't ridden in 10 years but the ER-6n has lured him back to biking. How cool is that? 8)

Since I already bought a bike from Kawasaki before it was easier this time as they had most of the paperwork already filled out ahead of time, which was a nice touch.

Despite the tough economy it seems Kawasaki Thailand is struggling with more sales than they know what to do with - when I arrived they were in the process of setting up a KLX, a D-Tracker and another ER6n for customers who got there before me. They had many more bikes to set up later in the day as well and their service area is PACKED and the techs are very busy.

Kawasaki Rama 9 used to be pretty quiet but now it's crazy busy and bustling all day long. They have 6 bike lifts in the service area and tons of mechanics but it's no longer enough so they're using the elevator to send bikes upstairs where they've installed additional work space. They're also sending staff from the factory in Rayong to assist the service department in Bangkok!

The nice thing about upstairs is the air conditioning!
ER6nService.jpg

Getting the bike serviced in the afternoon. How many techs does it take to change an oil filter? Three apparently! - Pardon the terrible pic- I snapped it with my phone...

I didn't mind waiting in the morning though- I enjoyed checking out the new Ninja ZX10R (SEXY!) which they plan to start selling in March and my wife is still trying to talk me into buying a Vulcan (NO THANKS!) and enjoyed getting those big cruisers between her legs :wink:

Put nearly 200km on the ER-6n yesterday and it's a wicked fun bike. I've never ridden anything quite like it and it does take a little getting used to. Been a while since I've been on a proper "Big Bike". As much as I loved (and still love) the Ninja 250R, there's really no way the Ninjette can mess you up no matter how hard you crank on the throttle. The ER-6n requires a little more "respect" :wink:

The handlebars on the ER-6n are relatively high compared to all of the sport bikes I've owned in the past, and having the mirrors on the handlebars again is something I've only experienced on dirt bikes and need to get used to.

Wicked torque- very easy to pop wheelies with just a twist of the wrist. I got a little sideways :shock: on one of Bangkok's greasy roads, partially from giving too much gas, and probably also because the new Dunlop SportMaxs weren't scrubbed in yet.

I'm pleasantly surprised at the volume of the stock exhaust- whenever I split lanes or come to a traffic light the ER-6n is easy to hear and if I give the throttle a little twist people tend to get out of the way. :D The Ninja 250R stock exhaust in contrast is incredibly quiet (and hurts the performance of the bike) and I think in Thailand it's quite helpful and safe to have a bike that people can hear.

Not many decent pics yet, but I'll work on that over the days to come.

Fun fun bike! Hooligan is the word that keeps popping into my head... :wink: That's really the way the ER-6n is meant to be ridden- balls out and in your face!

Everyone should run down to the dealership and take one for a spin- guaranteed to put a smile on your face and a hole in your wallet! :D

Put about 200km on my new ER-6n so far and I'm loving it! Looking forward to riding to the Lopburi Bike Rally this weekend and Udon Thani Bike Week after that and hope to see you there!
012809ER6nMeCharnSm.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Tony, congrats to your new toy !!!! Once we can meet, lets swap once because once the Northern dust has settled, hmmmmmm wouldn't that be a good addition to the FJR ???? :shock: I hope and am sure you will enjoy it even more than your baby Ninja, wish you much much fun on it !!!! Cheers, Franz