Kawasakis from Thailand to Luang Prabang

Dec 27, 2007
mactbkk wrote: FYI, this topic just posted to the http://www.thaivisa.com/forum on motorcycles. A group ride to LP via Nan-Huey Khon-Hong Sa.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/415 ... dec-10-12/

Mac
Ha! You are QUICK! I was going to post that trip here as well but you beat me to it!

Here are all of the details:

Announcing an upcoming Kawasaki ride to Louang Prabang, Laos. Please forgive the rough translation from Thai :oops:

KAWASAKI BIG TRIP: Louang Prabang, Laos
10 – 12 ???????? 2553 ( 3 ??? 2 ??? ) 10 to 12 December 2553 New Sharp (3 days / 2 nights).

??????????????? : ??????????????????? Operator Organizer: Fiber business vehicles. ???????????????????????????? ?.????????? Car Dealers Kawasaki Big Bike Chiang Mai.
?????? : ??????????????????????????????????????????? Model: Kawasaki for all car models sold today.
?????????? : 6500 ??? / ?? ??????????????????????????????-??????????????????? - ???? Cost: 6500 baht per person, excluding spending on travel - back from Bangkok - Nan
: ????????????-???? ( ?????? 9 – ???? ) ??? ! : Transportation services bus round trip - (Rama 9 - Nan) Free!
???????? : ????????????? – 20 ????????? 2553 Admission: From Today - November 20, 2553.
* ???????????????? ( ???.) ????????????????????????????????????? * For those interested (Bangkok), contact us for more information at
?????? ???????? ??????? ?????????????? (?????????) ????? Co., Kawasaki Motors Enterprise (Thailand) Limited.
??????????? ???. 02-246 1510-6 Marketing Department Tel. 02-246 1510 -6.

???????? Program
?????? 8 ??????? 2553 ????????????????????? ?????? 9 On December 8, 2553 to bring a car load RAMA 9 Kawasaki.
??? ??? 9 ??????? 2553 ??????????????????????????????????????????????????? ( ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ) On December 9, 2553 trip to Nan province to join the group in Chiang Mai (not the journey that will travel to each other, or combine the trip with each other.)
?????? 10 ??????? 2553 ( ???? - ????????? - ???? - ?????????????) On December 10, 2553 (NAN - Silver City - Hong Sa - Chom Phet city).
06.00 ???????? ? ???????????? ???????????????????????????????????????? 06:00 meeting at the same hotel Thewarat to go eat breakfast. ?.??????????????? ???????????? “??????????????????” ????????? ??????? ???? ??????????????????????? A. Honor Dan Huai Kon "restaurant you Wannenr" breakfast rice, coffee, transit documentation. (???????????????????? 08.00) ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????? (Meeting at the port of Huay Kon 08:00) Owner's permission to sign the car out foreign customs Nan ???????????????? Dan Page Huai Kon.
09.00 ????????????? – ???? ????????????? 38 ??.??????????????? 9:00 into the city money - Hong Sa distance of 38 km route runs comfortably.
10.30 ???????????? ??????????? ???????????????? 10.30 visit to the city market, Hong Hong Sa Sa walks market ??????????????????????????? Ready to travel to Luang Prabang. ?????????????????? During the approximately ??????????????? 33 ???? ??????? ???????????????? (???????) ???????? ???????? ????????????????????? Km 33, Hong Sa Chom Phet village Ginger (Huai Yang) The tour will stop for lunch room. ?????????????? (?????????? ?????????????????) The school (tour provided food boxes).
13.00 ?????????? ??????????????????????? ???????? ?????????? – ??????? ???????????????????? 13.00 This is a road trip to a new road called the Road Hong Sa - Chom Phet to stretch to Luang Prabang. ???????????????????????? Luang Prabang pier opposite. ????????????? 126 ??. ??????????????????? Distance of 126 km a boat across the Mekong River. (??????????????????? 6-8 ???/?????? ?????? 5-10 ????) ????????????????????????????? (Side truck motors are 6-8 cars per trip for 5-10 minutes) through the village of his tribe are. ??????????????????????? We can stop along the path. ????????????????????????????????????? Sometimes people will come out of a strange offering. ?????????????????????????????????????? And the last village before reaching Luang Prabang name. ??????????????? Chom Phet. ??????????????? ???????? ??????????????????? Wed May name or port every car train set is organized. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????? A police car led the procession travel to Luang Prabang Hotels.
16.00 ?????????????????????????? 10 ???? ??????????????? 16.00 to Luang Prabang takes about 10 minutes to hotel accommodation. ?????????????????? Relax.
19.00 ?????????????????? ???????????? ???????? 19.00 Dinner at restaurant Thep blooms

?????? 11 ??????? 2553 (???????????? On December 11, 2553 (the monks merit. ????????????????? – ???????????) Visit Wat Chiang Thong - Waterfall, Guangxi).
06.00 ?????????????????? ???????????? ?????? 300 ??? (?????????????????????????????????????????) ??????????????????????????????????? 6:00 merit at the temple with his alms about 300 hundred photos (you can prepare food from Thailand to) go visit the morning market of Luang Prabang. ???????????????? ??????????? ???????????????? Are Mekong River lifestyle of the people, Luang Prabang.
???????????????????????????? Coffee shops of Luang Prabang. ????????????????? A popular restaurant. ??????????????????????????? Visitor's to drink coffee. ?????????????????? It is a lot.
07.30 ??????????????????????????? 7:30 Breakfast at the hotel.

08.30 ??????????????? ???? ??????????????????????????????????? 08:30 Visit the palace or museum you precious time great life. ????????????????????????????? And Wat Chiang Thong temple are very beautiful. ???????????????????????? With a souvenir photo. ??????????????? ?????????? ??????????????? Lao is considered a World Heritage Site temple Wat Chiang Thong. ???????????????????????????????????? See both sides of river environment Luang Prabang. ???????????????? ???? ???????????????? So the visit of the Chinese mobile TV market is price.
12.00 ????????????????????? 12.00 Lunch. ?????????????????? ???????????? ?????? ?????????? The River Restaurant webcams beam beams beautiful view, good atmosphere.
13.00 ??????????????????????? Visit the Waterfalls 13:00 Guangxi. (????????????? 25 ??.) ??????????? ????????????????????? 70 ???? ?? 2???? ??????????????????????????????????? (Approx 25 km) waterfalls, waterfalls, limestone, Guangxi is about 70 m high with a thin layer over two streams are similar to the cliff curtain ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Because it is a limestone waterfall, makes this clear water of the waterfall and emerald green. ??????????????? Atmosphere. ?????????????? Eat green papaya salad ?????????????????????????????????? And buy souvenirs from Falls Village, Guangxi. ??????????????????????????? Visit the village Phanom. ???????????????????????????????????????????????????? Village Crafts Center, the largest textile Luang Prabang. ????????????????????????????????????? Tai Lue villages that relocated from Xishuangbanna.
19.00 ?????????????????? ( ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????) ??????????????????????? 19.00 Dinner (rice offering ceremony welcoming tour groups welcome back all of you to Luang Prabang a World Heritage Site) with dinner. (??????????????????? 2) (Luang Prabang night sleeping 2).

?????? ??? ?????? 12 ??????? 2553 (?????????? – ????- ???????????? -????) Third Day on December 12, 2553 (Luang Prabang - Hong Sa - checkpoint Huai Kon - Nan).
07.00 ?????????????????? ????????? ???????????????????????????????????? 7:00 Breakfast at the hotel ready to leave Nan.
08.00 ?????????????????? ???????????? ???????????? ????????????????????? 8:00 return to the same day as the first motor boat crossing and return to the original.
11.30 ???????????? ????????????????????? (??????) ???????????? 11.30 Hongsa city for lunch (Pho, Laos), after the market Hongsa.
13.00 ???????????????????????? – ???????? 13.00 Getting back to Dan Blue - Huai Kon.
15.00 ?????????? ??????????? ??????? ??? 15.00 to Lao Dan documented through Laos, Thailand.
16.00 ?????????????????????????? 16.00 journey from Huay Kon Dan Page. ?????????????????? Back to Nan.
***?????????????? ---> ?????????????????? / ??????????????????? *** For Bangkok ---> up truck loaded car / trip to Bangkok.

??????????????? Other details.
- ???????????? ?????? 6500 ??? - 6500 per person Luxury hotel concept Baht
- ???????????????????????????????????????? 35 ??????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? - During the trip, Luang Prabang, the smaller 35-seat bus tour attractions in Luang Prabang. ????????????????????????? China Mike motorcycle parking at the hotel.
- ????????? 2 ?? ??????????????????????????????????? - Sleep 2 people per room with all meals in Laos
- ??????????????????????? ?????? 4x4 ??????????? ?????? 5900 ??? ?????? ????? 1500 ??? ???????? ?????? 3-4 ?? - For those who take off-road 4x4 vehicle to charge you 5900 baht per car 1500 Baht per car, one must have 3-4 people.

??????????????????? ???????????? ??????????????? Hotel rates are inclusive of all meals insurance. ????????????????? ??????? ?????? ???????????????? 200,000 ??? Tax or motorcycle accident, Laos and Thailand 200,000 Baht
??????????????????????????? ?????????? ???????? Water service throughout the process of travel and car service's Davis Hall.

????????????????? Documents to be submitted.
1. ????????????????????????? / ?????? 1. Copy of a motorbike / car
2. ??????????????????????? / ??????????? (???????) 2. Copy of driving a car / bike (new).
3. ???????? ????????????? 6 ??????????? 3. Passport older than 6 months.
4. ????????????????????????????????? 4. Copy ID owner of the car.
5. ??????????????????? ?????????? 5.'s Original ID card everywhere they go.
6. ???????????????????????? 6. Owner's Power of Attorney. (???????????????????? ???? ?????????????????? ?.???????) (If not the car itself or the power of attorney from B. Finance).

Who's in?

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Jul 18, 2008
Tony

Ooops, sorry, but when I see Hong Sa mentioned, I do sort of jump. It was my "home" for about five months back in the fall of 1966. When I visited the place a couple years back, found 2-3 people who remembered me from those days. Hmmm, they're getting old!! And Hong Sa sure has changed.

Mac

Mar 30, 2010
A friend and I will be there at that time with our Ninja's during this time.

Entering at Chiang Khong Dec 3rd and go over towards LP and do a loop.. then to Vang Vieng and Vientianne Dec 11th.

Let us know if you want to meet up along the way.

Feb 5, 2007
I may go but would want my own room as I am too old, grumpy, and set in my ways to share with some snoring, farting biker

Dec 27, 2007
Khun Channarong, Sales Manager and Kawasaki Tour Leader was involved in a serious motorcycle accident on Monday and has suffered neck and back injuries. He's in the ICU at Bangkok Hospital. As a result the Kawasaki trip is on hold/cancelled.

Please join me in wishing Khun Channarong a speedy recovery- he really is a great guy. I'm hoping to go visit him on Monday.

Safe riding!

Tony

Dec 27, 2007
nikster wrote: I am sad to hear that! All the best to him.

Sounded like a great tour...

Hey Nikster, if our plates arrive by then, which they should, I am still interested in riding to Laos around the middle of December and would like to have some company for my first ride there, so if you or anyone else is interested drop me a line and let's hit it! :happy5:

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Hi Tony,
What is Your Plan? Where will You Enter & Exit and for How Long are You going? When the Plate for Hog Heads Versys arrives He is planning to go and Myself and Kiwi John may join on Our KLX & D-Trackers? Just see how things work out?

Dec 27, 2007
Ian Bungy wrote: Hi Tony,
What is Your Plan? Where will You Enter & Exit and for How Long are You going? When the Plate for Hog Heads Versys arrives He is planning to go and Myself and Kiwi John may join on Our KLX & D-Trackers? Just see how things work out?
Cheers Ian,

I don't have a clue! Never been so I'm a total Laos newb! :lol-sign:

I'll defer to the "experts" as far as best places to enter and leave and best routes once in the Lao PDR. Luang Prabang sounds like a MUST SEE.

I can go pretty much any time in mid to late December and can probably get away from work for about 7 days max.

What are your thoughts? Where to enter, where to ride, and how many days?

Cheers!

Tony
110710VersysGasStopSSR.jpg

Dec 27, 2007
Funny I still haven't met HogHead! Didn't realize he's the one who bought my Versys tires and that he was there in Khon Kaen too! Saw his bike, but not the man himself... :lol-sign:
Guess I was too distracted looking at other things :crazy:
111310ILoveKKSSR.jpg

Ride On!
Tony :happy5:

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
I am No Expert either but from what I understand the Most Easy and Standard Trip would be in at Chiang Kong (Golden Triangle) over to Houei Xai Ride taking You through Luang Namtha, Oudom Xai, Luang Prabang, Phou Khoun, Vang Vieng and Out from Vientiane to Nong Khai? Stay where ever You like but most People spend a couple of Days in Luang Prabang. Only downside to this is the Long Slow Slog for Us back to CM on the 250!!!You could do that Trip in a Week? I will ask some of the Guys who have done it a lot and let you know?

Nov 7, 2007
TonyBKK wrote: [quote quote=nikster]I am sad to hear that! All the best to him.

Sounded like a great tour...

Hey Nikster, if our plates arrive by then, which they should, I am still interested in riding to Laos around the middle of December and would like to have some company for my first ride there, so if you or anyone else is interested drop me a line and let's hit it! :happy5:
Would love to... I just injured my leg yesterday but after an initial diagnosis of a cracked bone it now looks like just a bad bruise so should easily heal by then. A non - motorbike accident by the way - I jumped under a falling iron gate thinking it might hit my son - which in hindsight it wouldn't have but hey, there was no time to think. The iron gate turned out rather way too heavy for me to hold up so it crashed out of my hands onto my shin, leaving a foot-long bloody gash. Lucky I was wearing my mesh pants at the time or it would have been worse. Looked bad enough though and hurt like hell. The mesh is absolutely unharmed BTW - amazing material. I just wish I'd had those external armor plates, I think I'll get some soon.

I need to do a visa run around that time or before too.

So current status is would love to but can't commit 100%.

I've never been to Laos on the bike but the GT riders tell me it's easy with the paperwork. Riding to LP would just be amazing, I've been there a few times via plane from Chiang Mai. Gorgeous mountain scenery around LP.

Dec 27, 2007
nikster wrote:

Would love to... I just injured my leg yesterday but after an initial diagnosis of a cracked bone it now looks like just a bad bruise so should easily heal by then. A non - motorbike accident by the way - I jumped under a falling iron gate thinking it might hit my son - which in hindsight it wouldn't have but hey, there was no time to think. The iron gate turned out rather way too heavy for me to hold up so it crashed out of my hands onto my shin, leaving a foot-long bloody gash. Lucky I was wearing my mesh pants at the time or it would have been worse. Looked bad enough though and hurt like hell. The mesh is absolutely unharmed BTW - amazing material. I just wish I'd had those external armor plates, I think I'll get some soon.

I need to do a visa run around that time or before too.

So current status is would love to but can't commit 100%.

I've never been to Laos on the bike but the GT riders tell me it's easy with the paperwork. Riding to LP would just be amazing, I've been there a few times via plane from Chiang Mai. Gorgeous mountain scenery around LP.
OUCH! Sounds painful as FOOK but glad you and your son are ok!
Cool- well, assuming you're all healed up and we receive our plates soon let's try and make it happen!
BTW- who did you go with for insurance on your Versys?
Falcon has nearly doubled their rates! :thumbdown:
Right now I've only got the basic required insurance but I'd like to buy 1st class if I can find it at a reasonable rate.
Cheers!
Tony

Nov 7, 2007
Yeah I was lying there for a few minute... I thought my leg was gone for sure :p

I got Falcon insurance for 14k+, and yeah they've doubled their rates. Kawasaki also offered me MSIG but that was even more expensive (15k) and had worse coverage for the most part. I guess lots of people have smashed their big bikes the first year :(

If anyone knows a cheaper first class insurance - the ER-6n one used to be just over 7k / year - let me know. I could use it for next year. But my guess would be that other insurance companies either won't insure it, or they know the bike but also know what Falcon is charging and will ask for the same.

Auke

Nov 10, 2003
Ian Bungy wrote: I am No Expert either but from what I understand the Most Easy and Standard Trip would be in at Chiang Kong (Golden Triangle) over to Houei Xai Ride taking You through Luang Namtha, Oudom Xai, Luang Prabang, Phou Khoun, Vang Vieng and Out from Vientiane to Nong Khai? Stay where ever You like but most People spend a couple of Days in Luang Prabang. Only downside to this is the Long Slow Slog for Us back to CM on the 250!!!You could do that Trip in a Week? I will ask some of the Guys who have done it a lot and let you know?
Another option is to enter Laos at Mueng Ngeun open 7 days a week and visa on arrival (north of Nan at Chaloem Prakiat/Huay Khon) and then turn north to Pak Beng on a very nice asphalt road, cross the Mekong (ferry) and from Pak Beng to Oudomxai also on asphalt. From Oudomxai to Pak Mong is a very bad road and at Pak Mong you turn south to Luang Prabang (asphalt). From Luang Prabang you can head further south to Vang Vieng and Vientiane and return to Thailand at Nongkhai. In case you want to have some dirt as well, you can cross the Mekong at Luang Prabang and head west to Hongsa and onwards to Muang Ngeun (all dirt roads) and then back to Thailand.

Dec 27, 2007
Auke wrote: [quote quote=Ian Bungy]I am No Expert either but from what I understand the Most Easy and Standard Trip would be in at Chiang Kong (Golden Triangle) over to Houei Xai Ride taking You through Luang Namtha, Oudom Xai, Luang Prabang, Phou Khoun, Vang Vieng and Out from Vientiane to Nong Khai? Stay where ever You like but most People spend a couple of Days in Luang Prabang. Only downside to this is the Long Slow Slog for Us back to CM on the 250!!!You could do that Trip in a Week? I will ask some of the Guys who have done it a lot and let you know?
Another option is to enter Laos at Mueng Ngeun open 7 days a week and visa on arrival (north of Nan at Chaloem Prakiat/Huay Khon) and then turn north to Pak Beng on a very nice asphalt road, cross the Mekong (ferry) and from Pak Beng to Oudomxai also on asphalt. From Oudomxai to Pak Mong is a very bad road and at Pak Mong you turn south to Luang Prabang (asphalt). From Luang Prabang you can head further south to Vang Vieng and Vientiane and return to Thailand at Nongkhai. In case you want to have some dirt as well, you can cross the Mekong at Luang Prabang and head west to Hongsa and onwards to Muang Ngeun (all dirt roads) and then back to Thailand.
Dear Auke,

Thank you very much for your very helpful advice. (And a pleasure to meet you at the X-Centre recently).

Decisions decisions! Perhaps we'll just have to flip a coin :mrgreen:

Ride On!

Tony

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Jurgen, Moto-Rex & Ron 2wheels are all in Northern Laos at the moment & you should be getting some road reports back in a few days.

Jurgen is in Muang Sing.
Ron & Moto-Rex are in Houei Xai today.
Rex will be going off-road to Pak Beng & Ron down to LPQ via Luang Nam Tha & Oudom Xai.
According to Jurgen there was 80 kms of bumpy road works getting into LNT.

The two French guys who had trouble exiting from Chiang Khong earlier today, thought they would ride onto to LPQ or at least Oudom Xai today.
It will be interesting to hear how they go, because it was suggested not to attempt this when they were still in HX at 1PM.

Dec 27, 2007
Ian Bungy wrote: Thanks Auke,
Sounds good to Me, what do You reckon Tony?
Hi Ian,

Auke's recommendation sounds good to me! What dates are you and the rest of the gang thinking of? I should be able to get away for ~7days or so pretty much any time in middle to late December.

Ride On!

Tony

Dec 27, 2007
Ian Bungy wrote: I guess the deciding Factor will be the Arrival of Yours and Hog Heads Plates? I am Flexible.
I expect to receive my plate in the next week or two. Should definitely be ready to roll by mid December. Cheers! Tony

Sep 4, 2007
Hey Guys, will you accept another 'Laos virgin" on this trip, maybe also on a 250 or an F800GS but definately not on the S1000R?

Dec 27, 2007
johngooding wrote: Hey Guys, will you accept another 'Laos virgin" on this trip, maybe also on a 250 or an F800GS but definately not on the S1000R?
The more the merrier! C'mon John! No S1000RR to Laos?! Could be a hoot! :happy5:

Dec 27, 2007
So, let's see- who is tentatively interested in going on this ride?

So far I think we have:

IanBungy KLX 250(?)
Hog Heads Versys
Kiwi John D-Tracker(?)
JohnGooding S1000RR! :happy5:
Nikster? Versys
TonyBKK Versys (or Gixxer if John takes the S1000RR) :mrgreen:

That seems like a decent size group!

Woohoo!

Can't wait!

Tony