Keeping foreign registered bike in VTE Laos

Discussion in 'Laos - General Discussion Forum' started by lipmeng, Jul 7, 2010.

  1. lipmeng

    lipmeng Ol'Timer

    Apr 20, 2008
    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys

    Any info or experience in keeping a foreign registered bike in VTE for a period of 2 to 3 months?

    What will be the requirements or fees charged for that as I 'm thinking of riding my Malaysian registered bike to VTE and flies back thereafter. I will only be able to go back to continue the ride in Laos in a months time.

    Otherwise it is not possible for me to ride my bike to northern Laos due to my limited leave.

    Another alternative is to find a place near Nongkhai or Udo Thani to keep the bike (overstaying by paying the fine by Thai customs upon exiting Thai immigratuion @ Nongkhai.



    Lip Meng
  2. jimoi

    jimoi Ol'Timer

    Nov 17, 2004
    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You have 3 choices.

    1. Leave the bike in Udon Thani but make sure your Thai import paper will cover the length of time for your leaving the bike there. I have a few contacts in Udon and you can leave it securely there.

    2. Nong Khai parking is a bit less secure as the places I've used for short term are fine but I'd be a little nervous about 3 months.

    3. Enter Laos and obtain a temporary import from me. 3 months is a little too long so I'll need to extend your bike paperwork twice for you meaning I run your bike in and out of Laos. I can store your bike in Vientiane no problem.

    I need at least 3 weeks to send you the original import paper and will also need info from you. Drop me a line, [email [email protected]][email protected][/email]

Share This Page