Klx 450

Nov 7, 2007
Joelthailand;270941 wrote: wow, the klx450 supermoto would be one hell of a great bike for Thailand. An affordable DRZ400 in mean green with green book! ..........There will be a shed load of secondhand D-Trackers for sale if Kawasaki pull this off, including mine!!! any offers?? lol :wink:

In theory. If they get the service intervals down to road-usable numbers...

@Maha - very interesting info, I learn something new every day. 1500 km piston replacement, 1000 km oil change - errrr... maybe not for me ;)

bung

Feb 6, 2006
I'm currently in the market for a 400cc+ dual sport bike with green book. I can only hope they will introduce this bike but I have my doubts as who will buy it? Farangs. Will Thais buy it? Will they be able to handle it? I doubt it. Most will be struggling with the seat height of a KLX 250. I don't think Kawasaki will market bikes specifically for Farangs here? Only a small% of the market. Or will they? The $1000 question at the moment for me.

Currently my only option is a DRZ 400 with a grey book....I would dearly love to have a 450cc dual sport with legit book and factory support!

Are there any 400cc+ dual sport bikes on the market with legit green books here? What are the costs? I saw a 2009 DRZ 400 with a claimed green book (who knows if it was legit or recycled) for 300k! That is crazy money! Even if it had a proper book!

Nov 7, 2007
Farang market is small but Kawasaki will eventually move most (all) of their bikes here so it's just a matter of time. But if you want a 400 now, the KLX 450 could be years out. Maybe it's coming June 2012. Maybe 2013. Maybe 2014... who knows.

Linds

Oct 31, 2009
BWG950S;290983 wrote: June 2013 and still not here!
In Most Kawa big bike shops and if not can order easy.
Saw it yesterday when in Pattaya but it wasn't in Bangkok,but i believe from another thread and its pictures ,its at Real motorsports in Bangkok.
Price is 376,000 baht.
But i have seen another 2013 kx450 in Dubai and there is something different with the Thai one i saw,can't put my finger on it so will have another good look back in Dubai and take some detailed photos to compare with the Thai offered model.

Regards
Linds

Oct 14, 2011
That is the KX450F that is available in Thailand and that is strictly a Motocross machine. Looking for the KLX450R Enduro which is street legal.

Feb 16, 2012
Interesting... usually you guys have far more bike options than we do here in Malaysia. We've had the KLX 450 in road legal trim for the past 4 years now for $38,000 RM on the road (about 380,000 Baht?) Prices are usually higher though here... CRF250L is 23,000 RM or 230,000 baht for comparison.

It's still carb - dealer told me a few weeks back they are expecting a FI version in 6 months or so... I didn't get the feeling he knew what he was talking about with the time though.

I read an interesting article about the KLX450 in an Australian dirt bike magazine recently - I'll try and dig it up. The jist was the KLX had been coming in close to last place in all their 450 shootouts... slightly heavier, less hp, softer suspension than the EXC, WRF, Husaberg FE, TE etc. BUT the article went on to say they found it to be far more reliable than any of those others and encouraged readers to view it in the DR400 category only much lighter, more powerful with far better suspension.
Interesting if true....