KLX / D-Tracker Tsukigi Exhaust

oneton

Jan 22, 2007
I bought this exhaust at Mityon Kawasaki Pattaya for the KLX. 3800 baht. It is purpose made as it has the thread for the oxygen sensor. Pretty much a straight through pipe and very noisy!! Alloy hence lighter than original. Includes muffler and pipe where oxygen sensor fits. Initial impressions after a quick blast is it improves performance at high revs. Nothing much in the low to mid. Mityon have one fitted to a D-tracker test bike. Mechanic suggested another model for 24000 baht (sorry don't remember brand). It was also straight through. Choice was a no brainer! Fitted it myself. Very easy.

My bike has the 'free' rev limit mod, plus snorkel removed (see photos).

Cheers
Tony

4073206189_153ec9af7e_o.jpg

4073966096_73b68e3bb1_o.jpg

4073965996_1c5ce65fe1_o.jpg

4073205899_a4df24f187_o.jpg

Sep 22, 2008
Ummm. That looks like the same muffler that they Fit as atandard to the Tiger 250 rs. And yes it will give a good GGGRoooowl to the exhaust note.
Allan

Maha

Oct 7, 2009
My friend just got the same exhaust. Sounds pretty good, maybe a bit less loud than my two brother (with P4 tip). And definately much cheaper!

But one thing to note in this one is the location of the O2 sensor adaptor: the sensor is in very vulnerable position in top of the rear wheel. Stones, dirt & water flying of the wheel will easily hit and damage the sensor. So it requires some sort of protection or the whole adapter should be re-located to somewhere else (about 1000thb job in local machine shop).

Jun 18, 2009
Hi I have the same pipe and its better than another pipe i also bought (oval type) although i get it backfiring when cold although this goes after a few km
Where did you get the back light/plate mod from as the standard licence holder is terrible
How much was it .
Cheers

oneton

Jan 22, 2007
I made it myself - I found the sheet aluminum at a scrap dealer. I used the same material to make a bash plate. I would recommend 3 or 4 (mm) material instead of the 2 (mm) I used.

I reckon there are some off the shelf products available -advise anybody......?

Cheers
Tony

Jun 18, 2009
Thanks for the quick reply tony ,what back light did you use ?
also does it run much better when you take the snorkel(air box off)?
cheers Rex

oneton

Jan 22, 2007
Back light is standard ....
Regarding air box. This was the first mod I made performance wise and it makes an immediate difference. I believe you can replace the snorkel with a KDX 250 part which is larger. There is a thread on this forum about it somewhere... I am looking at getting a K&N air filter for better flow. Saying that the original seems to perform OK.

If you are riding off road, I noticed the aftermarket nobbly tyres have a larger diameter than the originals. I have ordered a 13T front sprocket to counter this (Original is 14T).

Tony

oneton

Jan 22, 2007
Indicators are LED from Mityon Kawasaki Pattaya. Advise you take the lens off and seal it with silicon.