KLX wheels in BKK?

Jun 2, 2009
Greetings.

I live in Tokyo and just bought a 2005 D-Tracker (green, of course). Seeing as these are made in Thailand and I'll be in BKK for work next week, I am hoping that you can tell me where I can pick up a used (or reasonably priced new) set of KLX wheels that I can swap on and off. I'll be near Central World / Paragon (I guess that's the CBD) and don't know my way around BKK very well. I have most of Tuesday, June 9, free to hunt around - hopefully someone can name a shop accessible by train and/or walking. Also, if I'm lucky enough to find a set, I assume negotiating is in order??

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Jun 2, 2009
So I visited the Kawasaki dealer on Rama IX this morning. They showed me the KLX wheel assembly on the parts diagram, showed me the list price, and even said they have them in the back in the shop - 8000baht total for front and rear. Alas, the manager would not sell them to me since I was not an existing customer.

They recommended Red Baron so I treked out there by taxi (40 minutes): no second-hand wheels but they would order me new ones - from Japan!

I don't have time to try a different angle while in BKK so I guess I'll look for used ones in Japan. So close ...

Mar 21, 2007
Amazing Thailand...probably the only place on the planet where the idiots running the shop wont sell spare parts....even in a recession !!!

I think they've 'shot themselves in the foot' so many times here now the expression will have to change to just 'shot themselves"......there's no foot left !!!

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
8000 Baht That is Cheap as Chips for a New Set of Wheels!!! Can't Understand Why they wouldn't Sell them to You??? How Long are You here for? Maybe One of Us Kawasaki Owners can Buy them for You? Do You have a Telephone Number here? Good Luck Mate :wink:

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
This is classic: "I won't sell you anything because you're not a customer!"