KLX125 - any news?

madjbs

Apr 10, 2006
The Boxer also looks like it would be a very good choice, especially as it's slightly bigger in physical size as well. Although it doesn't have the proven reliability and quality of the Honda and the technology on them is pretty old, but at around 70,000 baht, I am sure they are decent value as well.

Nov 7, 2007
TonyBKK wrote: [quote quote=madjbs]If I was going to buy a small locally produced bike for road use, then there seems to be nothing better value than the CBR150. It's a decent bike and for 65,000 you can't go wrong.
What's a Tiger Boxer 250RS cost? I know a few guys who ride those and they all seem very happy with their bikes and I'd consider the Tiger a better choice for touring Thailand than the CBR150... Also understand that Honda is no longer producing the CBR150- once the remaining stock is sold out it may be the end for that model...
Hi Tony,

The Prices of the Tiger boxers are:
The Boxer 250RS is 72000 thb , the Boxer 200R is 64000 thb & the Bulldog 150 is 52900 THb

For touring thailand and many other situations you will have the better bet on the Boxer . I ( having the tiger boxer 250RS)did a few month back a 1011 km trip with someone who had a Kawa ninja 250 ... besides the great handling of the bike in hilly curvy area which was ideal for the boxer , was arriving back home being just tired as we did many hours driving( no aches or anything)...the kawa ninja rider had aches about everywhere and over days....this person also couldn't possibly imagine to do this kind of trip on his cbr 150.

I also did a very nice 720km trip with you Tony on my Boxer 250RS....i think i kept up pretty well...sure your 650 ninja has more juice and better suspension respectively but i think the Boxer did not bad at all...and again no aches or pains.

The boxer is to my opinion a much better choice for touring and many other situations over the cbr150 . The cbr may be phased out. On the tiger Boxer there are quite a lot parts that can be interchanged from other manufacturers ( ie. honda ) plus tiger has always provided above and beyond service to me and many others....having done just over 10000 km but knowing one who is getting closer to the 40000 km's i think this is a good proof...best proof , however, is the Police in Thailand...all their bikes ( Boxer 200) seem to be running fine ..and by, so far appr 100000 units at police( which may lack for their own maintenance - as the police Boxers have been sold at some lower price ,without service which they would do them selfs :wink: ) this should vouch for something.

Hope that helps

Happy trails,

mbox

Jurgen

Subscribed
Oct 23, 2009
www.chopard.org
Davidfl wrote: [quote quote=penetrator]Nothing wrong with white dirt bikes although I'm a firm believer in the classic motocross colours being used, white for Yamaha, red for Honda, yellow for Suzuki and green for Kawasaki.

David, can I ask how tall your Teelak is ? I've thought about getting mine a bike if I can teach her to ride, she's only 5 foot (152cm in foreign muck) so I thought about a KSR110 but this may be a better bet.
Penetrator
My teelak is a shorty & comfortable on the D-Tracker.

Next to the AT on R1256
19408729_pxqTp-M.jpg

Next to the AT Rider
518588432_euBcw-M.jpg

Next to Doi Mae Salong's superstar
460591685_7YXVw-L.jpg

She's very sweet & loveable; & it must be about time for another happy snap together somewhere if we can manage it.
8) 8) 8)
I see what you told me the other day David ... finally I did not find a 125 to rent but made a tour with ... a young lady!

DSC_2313.jpg

DSC_2434.jpg

I think that the the KLX 125 would do the same good job for me as the Honda lady (at least around Maerim forest)

I will once write the itinerary, but if someone is interested in today's pictures:

http://picasaweb.google.com/campusadvise/MaerimChangKhianLoop#

Jurgen

Subscribed
Oct 23, 2009
www.chopard.org
“Honey I shrunk the Motorcycle!”

Recently, in a computer magazine, I read the following relevant question: “ if you have a car and a bicycle, do you need a motorcycle?” The argument was an extrapolation for the new tablet PC, a tool positioned between a laptop and a smarphone. Such a purchase was positively recognized, particularly to help producers out of the economic slump. I turned the question back and asked myself: “in addition to a touring motorcycle, do you need a mountain bike?” It might be useful … but as I am not really into pedalling, I thought that adding a small motor would help. This is how I found my way to Kawa again, for the new KLX 125.

My ER6n, takes me nicely around, even to “Kafe”, but in the trails up from Maerim, I would master nothing of weight, probably even not a 250 (but this is my personal “metal hip configuration”). Experience will show if it was a wise choice :).

DSC_2457.jpg

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Jurgen wrote: “Honey I shrunk the Motorcycle!”

Recently, in a computer magazine, I read the following relevant question: “ if you have a car and a bicycle, do you need a motorcycle?” The argument was an extrapolation for the new tablet PC, a tool positioned between a laptop and a smarphone. Such a purchase was positively recognized, particularly to help producers out of the economic slump. I turned the question back and asked myself: “in addition to a touring motorcycle, do you need a mountain bike?” It might be useful … but as I am not really into pedalling, I thought that adding a small motor would help. This is how I found my way to Kawa again, for the new KLX 125.

My ER6n, takes me nicely around, even to “Kafe”, but in the trails up from Maerim, I would master nothing of weight, probably even not a 250 (but this is my personal “metal hip configuration”). Experience will show if it was a wise choice :).

DSC_2457.jpg

Congratulations Jurgen.

Jurgen

Subscribed
Oct 23, 2009
www.chopard.org
Thank you David,
GT-rider posts, your personal comments and the lack of reliable 125 bikes to hire, for day-trips in Chiangmai, convinced me to jump into this venture (even so I had just sold the AX1).

As we say in French (quoting La Fontaine) : "On a souvent besoin d’un plus petit que soi" (A mouse may be of service to a lion)

... I hope that I will enjoy the (reasonable) downscale around Maerim :).

Jul 19, 2008
I bought a KLX125 at the Kawa shop in Chiang Mai a couple weeks ago. Not in the bigger bike league of course but it's a great little stomp-around in the hills here. Mrs. David has come by my shop with more GTR maps (thanks guys) on the blue D-Tracker125 a couple times which I like but prefer the larger knobby tyres of the KLX. Today I added a pseudo-Yoshimura exhaust (kinda loud), skid plate, and a few other accessories and am loving the bike. At 82,000b it's way cheaper than it's 250cc big brother and still loads of fun. The Kawasaki-Thailand Gods have delivered the goods. See my pictures of the bike on Doi Pui and Mae Taeng below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/captain-bob/sets/72157623525384103
http://www.flickr.com/photos/captain-bob/sets/72157623531815021

Jul 19, 2008
A few add-ons for the KLX125 yesterday
KLXthingies001b.jpg

Fake Yoshi pipe made in Thailand 3500b
KLXthingies003b.jpg

Aluminium skid plate 2500b - is that dirt I see?
KLXthingies002b.jpg

Fuel cap 700b
KLXthingies004b.jpg

Polypropylene engine guard
KLXthingies005b.jpg

Poly wheel guard (front)
KLXthingies006b.jpg

Poly wheel guard (rear)
6-piece Polypropylene guard set 2200b

Jul 19, 2008
Were all those accessories bought at the Kawasaki dealer?
Yep. Next to the CM Chinese consulate. Just talk to one of the owners sons (good English) and for about 9000b they hooked me up with the above. You can get the genuine Yoshi pipe too but it alone runs over 15,000b. The guys are fairly keen on customising and even have full custom decal sets for the KLX125 if you want to punk it out some more.

My nearly new Phantom is getting quite jealous, now that I usually take the KLX for my daily jaunts.

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
Saw a black KLX125 today - it's smaller than I hoped, the Thais will have a lot of fun with it but for farang it's too small. I thought it may be okay if it's not much smaller than a KLX250 but it's closer to the KSR110. The wheel size says it all - KSR 12", KLX125 14", KLX250 17".
Apart from that it's good to see ANY kind of new, legal Enduro for sale in Thailand and girls, short guys and lots of Thais should be very happy with it!
And I'm not surprised that the Phantom is in less use - this little thing is ideal for the city!

Jurgen

Subscribed
Oct 23, 2009
www.chopard.org
We could have met on the Doi Pui trails :happy2:

DSC_2998.jpg

I love gadgets and was glad to see your customization. I only got part of them from Kawa ... most go back for more goodies!

Jul 19, 2008
The KLX125 at just 82,000 baht is way more affordable than it's 250cc bigger brother, and despite the power tradeoff it's still bags of fun:

When it's at home:

KawaKLX125x01g.jpg

When it's on the trail:

KLX125maetaeng01g.jpg

Just add a few extras, like aftermarket exhaust and some skid plates in case you dump it =)

Nov 7, 2007
I have to say the KLX 125 is one pretty little thing! I think it looks much nicer than the 250... maybe the color schemes... or maybe the fact that it's not even pretending to be a serious motorbike. Something about it, it looks more like a bigger KSR than a smaller 250.

jon

Nov 3, 2006
I saw a KLX 125 the other day and thought it looked nice and light although the wheels did look small. I wonder whether it could take a bigger set of wheels, perhaps from the 250?