KLX350S For Sale

Mar 11, 2008
TonyBKK;277280 wrote: Looking at my bike as far as I can tell there's not much that needs to be "fiddled" with. You remove the fuel pump when you install the carb so your fuel gauge no longer works as it's built into the fuel pump, and of course you get a red FI warning light, but other than that, I can't see that my carb'd KLX has had any modifications made to any of the electrical connections or wiring harness. Perhaps I missed something?
Matt told me they had to fiddle with the harness to get everything sorted.. Tho after a few beers at the time I cant remember what it was that gave issue.

Mar 11, 2008
madjbs;277283 wrote: Ok, I am not the greatest with a spanner but it sounds doable. I would certainly get rid of all that pollution nonsense.

I am actually starting to think about getting a small 2 stroke MX bike and modding it for singletrack and woods trails. Everyone says a 125 MX bike will teach you to ride really well. Bonus is they are 95kg wet, fairly cheap and have 30+hp stock!
Totally agree, tho at over 100kg I am above the upper bounds of a 125.. And dont forget that 30hp is going to be very digital on off delivery.. Even BB up to a 144 its still going to need lots of work tweaking suspension etc for my size.. Hence why I am working on converting a YZ250 to a woodser.. Theres a wealth of knowledge on converting MX'ers on woodsracer.com

I think the EXC200 KTM would be ideal, could even be left on a euro plate and visa run for mild road use (not tour). For singletrack and trail thats easy enough grunt, any more is just adding weight.

The KLX Tonys ended up with just makes sense in so many ways tho, cheap instantly available parts, local services, road legal, can cross borders, and not expensive. Theres no perfect bike but its a great all round compromise.

madjbs

Apr 10, 2006
I am 75kg so a YZ125 would be ok for me. woodsracer.com is a really good site like you say, there are lots of people on there with YZ125 woods bikes. I would love a KTM EXC200 but I have come to the conclusion that they are just too expensive for me at the moment, unless I can find a second hand one. I do have my eyes on a Husky WR250 as well though, which might be just what I am after although at 105kg dry it is probably 15kg heavier than a YZ125.

Dec 27, 2007
bung;277298 wrote: Jeez Tony if you are gonna ride like that why didn't just stick with a 250? :)
Gimme a break- I'm a complete novice to dirtbikes and was out there by myself. Just getting a feel for the bike and last thing I want to do is break myself or the bike when I'm just starting out. I agree that I don't have the skill to make use of the extra 100cc, but hopefully with some practice I'll get there :)

Mar 11, 2008
At a guess I know they husky your looking at (would be surprised theres 2 for sale here).. For woods trails use the KDXs are great, its just hard to find one that hasnt been badly maintained here. I have a WR200 with plate which is ok, bit old but serves for trails.

Dec 27, 2007
LivinLOS;277304 wrote:
I think the EXC200 KTM would be ideal, could even be left on a euro plate and visa run for mild road use (not tour).
Off topic, but I read somewhere that Thailand is going to be closing the loophole that allows people to visa run foreign registered cars and bikes indefinitely on temporary import papers. Could be a rumor, but something worth looking into before anyone contemplates playing the temporary import game.

Dec 27, 2007
madjbs;277307 wrote: I am 75kg so a YZ125 would be ok for me. woodsracer.com is a really good site like you say, there are lots of people on there with YZ125 woods bikes. I would love a KTM EXC200 but I have come to the conclusion that they are just too expensive for me at the moment, unless I can find a second hand one. I do have my eyes on a Husky WR250 as well though, which might be just what I am after although at 105kg dry it is probably 15kg heavier than a YZ125.
Keep an eye on the classifieds- I suspect a KTM 200 may be up for sale shortly... :shock:

madjbs

Apr 10, 2006
Now that could be interesting! I will keep my eyes on them.

LivinLOS, what do you think of the Husky WR250 for sale?

Mar 11, 2008
TonyBKK;277313 wrote: Off topic, but I read somewhere that Thailand is going to be closing the loophole that allows people to visa run foreign registered cars and bikes indefinitely on temporary import papers. Could be a rumor, but something worth looking into before anyone contemplates playing the temporary import game.
Are you sure your not confusing the rumors of the parts bike import route being closed ?? I cant see how they can close temporary import without effectively shutting the borders, which isnt likely as the opposite is happening with lobbying for the pan asian highway, increased border movement, etc..

BTW temporary import for cars (non neighboring ASEAN) isnt possible without leaving the cash bond.. At least thats what my ongoing and pretty extensive research has said. I do know a couple of UK cars that have made it in but not by strictly legit means.

Nov 21, 2010
TonyBKK;277313 wrote: Off topic, but I read somewhere that Thailand is going to be closing the loophole that allows people to visa run foreign registered cars and bikes indefinitely on temporary import papers. Could be a rumor, but something worth looking into before anyone contemplates playing the temporary import game.
As with many things in LOS I do not think there is a loop-hole, they are just not enforcing the law at THIS moment. That can change any day, just at their mood.

Chang Noi

Dec 27, 2007
LivinLOS;277316 wrote: Are you sure your not confusing the rumors of the parts bike import route being closed ?? I cant see how they can close temporary import without effectively shutting the borders, which isnt likely as the opposite is happening with lobbying for the pan asian highway, increased border movement, etc..

BTW temporary import for cars (non neighboring ASEAN) isnt possible without leaving the cash bond.. At least thats what my ongoing and pretty extensive research has said. I do know a couple of UK cars that have made it in but not by strictly legit means.
What I read, and I'm really sorry, I can't remember the source, is that Thailand will start to limit the number of times a vehicle can enter the Kingdom on temporary import. As I understand it, right now it's unlimited which is why people are able to keep foreign registered vehicles in Thailand indefinitely by doing periodic border runs.

Unless the border checkpoints are entering the information into a database I imagine it would be hard (impossible?) to keep track of and enforce the number of times a foreign registered vehicle has been brought into Thailand on temporary import?

Dec 27, 2007
Fantastic afternoon tearing around Bo Din with Frank and his unstoppable KTM 690 Enduro R!
421020_10151385586160710_508210709_23464677_134596  9553_n.jpg

Good fun!

Ooops!

Dinner and beers at the floating lakeside restaurant were a perfect end to a perfect day!

Happy Trails!

Tony
:happy1:

Nov 2, 2008
Fun looking track.

Keep your visor down or your goggles on! A face full of dirt, and eyeballs full of gravel, can happen before you know it.

Dec 27, 2007
Fishenough;277376 wrote: Fun looking track.

Keep your visor down or your goggles on! A face full of dirt, and eyeballs full of gravel, can happen before you know it.
Good advice! Thank you!

Another noob question- I'm told that the stock Kawasaki inner tubes aren't very tough and that I'd be better off sourcing better quality tubes. What brand(s) would you recommend?

Cheers!

Tony

Dec 7, 2008
TonyBKK;277384 wrote: Good advice! Thank you!

Another noob question- I'm told that the stock Kawasaki inner tubes aren't very tough and that I'd be better off sourcing better quality tubes. What brand(s) would you recommend?

Cheers!

Tony
Tony, I like Moose brand tubes. Also maintain the correct air pressure to keep from getting a pinch flat. I usually run a "slime" compound inside the tire as well. If you are really putting alot of power to the rear wheel add a rim lock if the previous owner has not done it.

As for weighing you bike. Get a bathroom scale. Make a suitable block of wood etc that is the same height as the scale. Roll the front tire on the block, rear on the scale, record that figure. Swap the scale and blocks to the rear and front, record weight. Add both weights and you have the weight of your bike.