Lao Touring

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by ray23, Jun 20, 2007.

  1. ray23

    ray23 Ol'Timer

    How do you go about getting the pemits to take you bike into Lao?
  2. Loading...

  3. bill

    bill Ol'Timer

    In Dec 2006 I entered Laos thru Nakhon Phanom / Thakhek on my Cambo registered DRZ after being refused entry at Nong Khai
    Laos 30 visa, 7 day bike permit, 20 day bike insurance, were all issued on arrival at Thakhek.
    Bike permit and insurance cost around Bt450
    In Vientiane I went to the customs headquarters, 3rd floor and extended the bike permit for another two weeks to equal the insurance duration, no cost.
  4. harrythefinn

    harrythefinn Ol'Timer

    Assuming the bike is Thai registered go to your local registry and get a ITP for B55 for 6 months . Photocopy your passport, Green book, and just drive in (after doing the Thai export formalities). They will stamp your ITP , check the Thai export paper and send you on your merry way.
    ITP = International Transport Permit. These subjects are all in previous posts.

Share This Page