Lookin to buy a bike/sidecar

Sep 26, 2010
Dear all,

I'm looking to buy a bike for a thai-laos-cambodge trip. I would really enjoy to find a bigger engine motorcycle sidecar, a real motorcycle not a I don't know what scooter or took took.

Can be from any production and year, min. 1940, like: japanese production, bsa, triumph, enfield, chang jiang, modern bike. But not a to big bike like harley or v-max, like I found on the web. If you have any other proposition to make for a solo bike, would really apreciate. Any Enduro, old british, more modern asian bike, but no sport road bike.

Price: from nothing to 70'000.- Bath

I will put the bike on my cousine's name, who lives in Bangkok and need the bike maximum for the 18th of december 2010.

Thanks for any concrete proposal.

Cheers
FLO

Oct 17, 2006
FLo,

at that price it will be tough.
Joe, my Dr Joe when it comes to my vehicle, built a Gespann, (No English word) for someone, who realized too late, that he is a bit too old for bikes. He wants to sell.

You may want to chat with Joe, I am addicted to him

JOE’S BIKE TEAM
The expat’s favourite for reliability
26/1 Soi 2 Chang Moi Road . Chiang Mai. Tel: +66053251186

Good luck
Pico

Oct 12, 2005
I can second Picos recommendation of Joes work on the sidecar he built for a customer. Done quite well, leading link front end and all. however its sure to be north of your 70k baht price.

best of luck.

Sep 26, 2010
thanks for your answers.

The 70k baths are the max for a solo bike. But as a sidecar (english)/gespann (german) is a little bit of work to create, I would be ready to pay more.

You know, at the end I will sell the bike again or export it to my country. For export it should really be an excellent bike (for me a real old and old school bike).

Open for any proposition: would be great to have a chat or have a picture of the bike he sells, will wright him somefing.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
You need something like Julian Bowyer's "Yellow Praying Mantis."

623140143_NXkFU-M.jpg

623140032_W2hf5-M.jpg

623140249_ysKFW-M.jpg

Oct 17, 2006
David, what a dream vehicle!

Flo, don"t write Joe,
he is not the seller,I bet he hasn't got photos.
Go and see him, if interested.

Nov 7, 2007
Davidfl wrote: You need something like Julian Bowyer's "Yellow Praying Mantis."

623140143_NXkFU-M.jpg

623140032_W2hf5-M.jpg

623140249_ysKFW-M.jpg
David , Thanks for sharing !
Some funny looking Vehicle there....this must be the fore-runner to the "Can-Am" :smile1:

mbox

Sep 26, 2010
MANTI POWA

Absolutely great creation. This looks just perfect for a long journey. Thanks for the pics, I see that you Thai guys have really great ideas.

Thanks Mbox for the info.

I think I will come to Chaing Mai to buy directly a bike. Will just need some paper job that will take some time to create, as I put all this on the name of my cousine from Bangkok. Normally he will come for a week or two with me to the north of Thailand.