Looking for a group to join 26/1 - 2/2

Sylvie

Jan 9, 2008
Grenoble - France
Ciao,

my name is Sylvie, I am a young french woman leaving in Italy, Rome.
I am a biker for the past 20 years, as started when I was 16 years old...

I currently have (for the past 18 years a Suzuki Djebel 650cm3, from 1991 with.....117000 km on the clock!!!! 102000km made by myself around Ireland, Wales, France (and Corsica island), Switzerland, Italy (and Sardaigna island) and Greece, and still hapilly running in the roman traffic, and on the italian country roads, with my friends of RomaMotard.

I'll have some free time in Thailand from 26th January to 2nd Feb, and I would love to experience descovering Thailand on a bike, maybe with other people...what could you propose around those dates??

Please help!
Thanks & ciao from Rome,

Oct 5, 2007
Dear Sylvie

If you have 7 days then I would recommend a Chiang Mai - Mae Hong Son - Nan - Chiang Mai loop. There are other members who are more familiar with the routes there then I am but a trip like that would cover the most beautifull roads and scenery in the north. There are a lot of postings here to give you an impression.

Enjoy

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
Sylvie,

You will find most of the info you seek here on the forum and on the associated website...

Of course 7 days is never enough to see everything, but you will get some good rides done none the less...

You have two options really one is to try and plan where you will go in advance... the other is to arrive in town and plan as you go...

You will not get much of a response to ride requests here, as the guys living in Chiang Mai don't really plan more than a day ahead...

You might be well advised to hop on the forum when you arrive and look for riding partners then, or drop into the Kafe in the evening and talk to DavidFL (Dave Unk)...

You might also talk to John at Jonadda Guesthouse when you arrive and see if he has any other guests who are looking to go riding... lots of riders seem to stay there and John knows lots of good routes as well...

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Daewoo

Sylvie

Jan 9, 2008
Grenoble - France
Bert on the bike wrote: Dear Sylvie

If you have 7 days then I would recommend a Chiang Mai - Mae Hong Son - Nan - Chiang Mai loop. There are other members who are more familiar with the routes there then I am but a trip like that would cover the most beautifull roads and scenery in the north. There are a lot of postings here to give you an impression.

Enjoy
Great ! Thank you so much !
Sylvie

Sylvie

Jan 9, 2008
Grenoble - France
daewoo wrote: Sylvie,

You will find most of the info you seek here on the forum and on the associated website...

Of course 7 days is never enough to see everything, but you will get some good rides done none the less...

You have two options really one is to try and plan where you will go in advance... the other is to arrive in town and plan as you go...

You will not get much of a response to ride requests here, as the guys living in Chiang Mai don't really plan more than a day ahead...

You might be well advised to hop on the forum when you arrive and look for riding partners then, or drop into the Kafe in the evening and talk to DavidFL (Dave Unk)...

You might also talk to John at Jonadda Guesthouse when you arrive and see if he has any other guests who are looking to go riding... lots of riders seem to stay there and John knows lots of good routes as well...

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Daewoo
Great ! Thanks, just to understand well: the KAFE is a bar/pub? It is in Chiang Mai? so is Jonadda Guesthouse? Sorry...but I am miles away here in Rome right now :)

Sylvie

Jan 9, 2008
Grenoble - France
daewoo wrote: Sylvie,

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Daewoo
Great ! Thanks, just to understand well: the KAFE is a bar/pub? It is in Chiang Mai? so is Jonadda Guesthouse? Sorry...but I am miles away here in Rome right now :)

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
Kafe is a bar/restaurant in Chiang Mai... a few GT-Riders seem to end up there each night... PM DavidFL to make sure he is in town and going that night...

1. The Kafe 127-9 Moon Muang Road. Tel 053212717
https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorc ... t3374.html

Jonnada Guesthouse is in Chiang Mai... John is also a member of GT-Rider but not very active... you can PM him from here member name Jonadda

https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorc ... ofile&u=34

He isn't very involved with running the guesthouse, but when you are in town he might know other riders in town at the same time, or be able to give you route advice, or be able to organise an individual tour...

Cheers,
Daewoo

Sylvie

Jan 9, 2008
Grenoble - France
daewoo wrote: Kafe is a bar/restaurant in Chiang Mai... a few GT-Riders seem to end up there each night... PM DavidFL to make sure he is in town and going that night...

1. The Kafe 127-9 Moon Muang Road. Tel 053212717
https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorc ... t3374.html

Jonnada Guesthouse is in Chiang Mai... John is also a member of GT-Rider but not very active... you can PM him from here member name Jonadda

https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorc ... ofile&u=34

He isn't very involved with running the guesthouse, but when you are in town he might know other riders in town at the same time, or be able to give you route advice, or be able to organise an individual tour...

Cheers,
Daewoo
Thnaks so much for the detailed answer
ciao from Tokyo
I will be in touch soon

Sylvie

Jan 9, 2008
Grenoble - France
ciao,
somebody sent me, 2 days ago, an email with title "your post". I have deleted it by mistake; and it is lost now.
Could you please send it again?
Thanks
Sylvie (currently lost in translation-jet lagged in Tokyo)

Sylvie

Jan 9, 2008
Grenoble - France
Ciao,
it i confirmed, I'll be arriving in Chang Mai next TUESDAY 26 JANUARY,
Anybody interested for a ride over the week, or the week-end 30/31 jan?
I'll try to go to the KAFE on Wednesday 27 evening, lets say 21h...let see if there will be any bikers for a beer !? ; )
Sylvie ( in KO Samui)

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Sylvie wrote: Ciao,
it i confirmed, I'll be arriving in Chang Mai next TUESDAY 26 JANUARY,
Anybody interested for a ride over the week, or the week-end 30/31 jan?
I'll try to go to the KAFE on Wednesday 27 evening, lets say 21h...let see if there will be any bikers for a beer !? ; )
Sylvie ( in KO Samui)
Sylvie
I should be in town, so see you at the Kafe.

Aug 18, 2008
I should also be in town as well that weekend. I will try to come by the Kafe that evening, not sure where we are staying yet. I am still looking for some riding buddies, so maybe we can put something together.

I can be reached at: +66 (0) 81 844 9345

Look forward to meeting and riding with you guys!

Cheers!
Steve

Sylvie

Jan 9, 2008
Grenoble - France
Ciaooooo,
went up to the Mae Sa Valley with Moto Rex today: GREAT DAY: we added bits and pieces of small roads for a total of 155km.
BEATIFULL landscape... photos will be posted next week : )
Sylvie

Sylvie

Jan 9, 2008
Grenoble - France
...just back from an other 200km ride (on my own this time) (150km in the middle on the small roads): FANTASTIC !! : ) Chiang Mai-Paeng Faen-Jaeson-Pong Dino. The part between Pang Faen-Phang Thong was GREAT

: )

Sylvie

Jan 9, 2008
Grenoble - France
: )

an other great ride today with MotoRex: 230km, including about 50km of OFF ROAD, absolutely GREAT !! Took great photos and videos crossing rivers and little bridges !! Chiang Mai on 1001 until Long Kord - then off road Ban Lung where we saw a reclining Buddha being built - around Hua Sai, lunch in one of the villages somewhere in the jungle - then back toward Mae Pang on even smaller dirt road: FANTASTIC !!

Anyone on for a ride tomorrow?? (my last day : ( , lets meet at 21h tonight at the KAFE....

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
In between day rides, R & R at the Kafe with Sylvie

776759490_eHou5-M.jpg

Sylvie has a guesthouse in Rome

http://www.maria-rosa.it/

Check it out & drop by sometime.

Sylvie

Jan 9, 2008
Grenoble - France
Thanks David ! : )

Well....last day today (bouh : ( but an other great one, with MotoRex and Steve we went for a bit of (more) serious of off road: after a bit of warming up in the curves of 1004 until San Ku Ruins : ) , we took the off road down to the lake of Huay Tung Thao, where we stop for lunch, then back on the big boring 107 we split up (as MotoRex had to go back to CM). With Steve we went ahead to the X-Center for a coffee with Ian, then we went up to PANG HAI, then in the BEAUTIFULL terrasses of valleys of Hmong Nong Hoi Mai, then back down to the Samoeng Loop, then we took in direction of Samoeng (therefore I have done it on both ways : )

Welll THANKS you all for those days here. It has been a GREAT 4 days rides with mixed roads: small roads, dirty roads, and MORE SERIOUSLY dirty OFF ROAD... Perfect holidays ! : )

Of course, special THANKS to MOTOREX (and his GPS : ), who spent 2,5 days with me leading the way, without him I would not have seen the most wild/remote/lost parts of around Chiang Mai! MERCI ! : )

I'll post the photos before the end of the month.

cciiiiaaoooooo
Sylvie

Aug 18, 2008
PostPosted: 10.02.2010, 15:51 Post subject: Re: Planting T.Js and Simons memorial plaques in Mae Hong So Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
[quote quote=Sylvie][quote quote=Moto-Rex]
Its was a dusty, but enjoyable ride back.

Moto-Rex wrote:

GGOOOOD !! the state of MY bike, Swellrides !!! Mr(s) Beer must have had a heart attack ! Shocked

What a place !! christ ! would have loved ot be there too !

Sylvie

Yeah, they were a little scared to let me take the new KLR, and I was a bit worried as well Sylvie!

When I brought it back, Mr. Beers eyes got real big and he checked the bike very thoroughly, and found it was just very dirty!!

Hopefully he will un restrict it before I get back next time, as it needs a bit more power!! Great to ride with you Sylvie, and you would have been a great addition to the group. Sorry we couldn't convince you to "miss" your flight!!

Take care and please stay in touch!!
Cheers,
Steve

PS: here are a few shots I got of you on our ride together. I have more and can give you the link. Just PM me! Cheers girl!

OlympusALL649.jpg

OlympusALL650.jpg

OlympusALL651.jpg

OlympusALL653.jpg

Sylvie

Jan 9, 2008
Grenoble - France
Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!

Those photos as GREAAATTTT !!! :D :D :!: :!:

I have just found a computer and started working on mine....there are SO MANY......

I'll start posting some soooooonnnn

It was great riding with you guys :!: :!:

I really had a GREAT time.

Ciao from Rome