Loy Krathong

Pauche

Mar 2, 2006
Hi guys, I'll be in Chiangmai 23-27 Nov for Loy Krathong. Any places to recommend so that I can have a good coverage of the event? Tha Phae Gate... or is there somewhere that I must go, or I'll regret for the rest of my life?

Secondly, I might consider doing a day trip or a 2-days trip to Nan and surroundings on a rented bike... which bike shop provides reliable bikes for rental? Will be nice if you can provide the rough price guide and models of the bikes available.

Lastly, how much is airport transfer from the airport to chiang mai and will i be able to get a hotel/guesthouse room easily during this period upon arrival w/o reservations?

MBT

Dec 2, 2006
Pauche,

Tha pae Gate is as good as any. Grab a bike from Goodwill bikes (Joes) or PM pikey on this forum for booking decent one price around 700 baht a day.

100-120 baht transfer from the airport to Thapae go to the limousine rental tell em where you want to go and pay the driver. Suggestions to stay...500-600 Baht PM house, Ratiwitti road, air con, clean rooms close to town centre or 250 baht + Jonnadda Ratiwitti soi 2 but they do get busy so PM Jonadda on this forum for that certain guest house. Not booking a room could be tough but you will find one if you have the time to search. Pretty sure though someone else here will suggest some more for you.

Have fun

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com

Pauche

Mar 2, 2006
quote:

Originally posted by Davidfl
Hang out around Thapae Gate, plus go down to the river to see the action - launching of Krathongs & fireworks throwing (scary stuff!)

Thanks David.