Luang Namtha---Nale---Luang Namtha.

Moto-Rex

Subscribed
Jan 5, 2008
Luang Namtha---Nale---Luang Namtha.

Arrived in Laung Namtha and booked into the Adounsiri Guest House.
Its located in the street right behind the Marychan Restaurant.
Big basic rooms, ran by great people and bikes locked up behind gate at night. 40,000 per night.
PICT0224-2.jpg

Next morning had breakfast at the corner restaurant which has been recommended by other GT riders, and with good reason. Great coffee and pancakes.
Almost across the road from Adounsiri.
PICT0221.jpg

Bloody cold mornings, even the dogs need an extra coat.
PICT0219.jpg

After breakfast headed off to Nale (Nar-Lee) which is about 75kms south of Luang Namtha.

First bridge crossing just out of Luang Namtha.
nale.jpg

The track follows the Namtha River all the way to Nale.
nale1.jpg

Straight off the scenery was stunning, this section of jungle looked almost eerie.
nale2.jpg

A lot of the track was like this. Easy riding for a sunday cruze.
nale4.jpg

nale3.jpg

There was a quiet few sections like this.
nale5.jpg

A few small rapids along the way.
nale6.jpg

Theres many many villages along the way, they all seemed so well organized, and well kept, looked like they took a lot of pride in the way there village looked.
Some looked like oasis's.
nale8.jpg

Roof top view of one of the many villagers on the river banks.
nale7.jpg

The last 10 km's to Nale the road turn to gravel, with lots of corners and undulating hills. A bit skatie, but enjoyable riding. Some parts like a roller coaster.
nale9.jpg

Arrived in Nale and brought a bottle of water at a little stall and sat down at the front.
Soon I was surround by kids, and before long an english book was brought forward and I give a quick english lesson. Me teaching english! Im the spell check champion.
It was good fun, but no one wanted photos taken except this little fella, he didnt care, I asked him for a taste of he's soup, he said "no soup for you."
nale10.jpg

After teaching a few english words "Gday mate"...Ow ya going"...."Fair dink'em".
I checked at the local market. It was very small but a good laugh, people in this town are so friendly. Just dont take photos of them.
nale11.jpg

nale12.jpg

Theres a guest house and restaurant there, that has 5 rooms available, and great noodles.
Next time I go there Im going to stay a night. I reckon it would be a interesting town to spend a night in, and maybe explore some of the smaller tracks near by.

Guest house.
nale14.jpg

Delicious noodles.
nale13.jpg

The KLX after a great one day ride.
nale15.jpg

This is not a blitz track, theres to many kids about, and to many things to look at.
Its just a great way to spend a day, out of Luang Namtha, taking it easy, and taking it in.
All in all a great days riding, brilliant scenery, nice villages, laugh with the locals, good feed, interesting track,….. and on a bright sunny day. What more do you need.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Good one Rex. Sounds like you're having a good time. How's the weather treating you with that single wolly jumper you took.
Keep 'em coming & no need for ice in your beer to keep it cool eh?