Mae Suai Accomodation

Wazza

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Sep 17, 2017
Hello All,
I have been wasting some time looking for digs in or around Mae Suai. Most of the search engines revert to Chiang Rai, 25-30 ks away.
I’m guessing Mae Suai is no Resort town but it’s tentatively on route Pai-Phrao(1150) and the next day R3037 north. Like to knock over 250 ks, probably 100 of it relatively flat.
Can anyone recommend accomodation near Mae Suai?
Cheers Wazza

Wazza

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Sep 17, 2017
Been and gone. Ended up booking Dr Lee’s Farm. Not too far south from where the 1150 meets the main road. Its bit of a peculiar place, a mock up locomotive at the front, a cafe and another large building at the front and looks semi deserted. Then half way down the block is the animal collection, buffalo, alpaca, geese, sheep, goats, chickens and a pig. On about 50m to the paddock where the villa/chalet style accommodation is. It was clean and tidy, complete with a firm bed. Considering it was high season, we(3) were the only guests.
Restaurants were a bit thin on the ground in the surrounding area and we ended up across the road, almost straight across the road at “Cabbages and Condoms”. Bizarre name but the food was good and the setting pleasant. Welcome to the rubber triangle?!
A week later we came from Phayao lake via Mae Khachan, Which looked a little more inviting than further up the road.
I didnt notice any standouts around Mae Suai either. Some nice places up around Wawee.