Malaysia Loop

marcusfilter

Jul 14, 2016
Malaysia
Good day guys

Planning this trip in June. Any suggestion in which part to go first coming from KL
Is 4 days enough for this loop?

Thanks

Marc

Dodraugen

Subscribed
Aug 19, 2012
Lampang
Good day guys

Planning this trip in June. Any suggestion in which part to go first coming from KL
Is 4 days enough for this loop?

Thanks

Marc

What loop are you thinking about? Down on the west coast and up the east coast, or vice versa? Or other loops?

You can ride from the border of Thailand to Johor Baru in one day and the second day back again the other coast. But if you want to have a look at interesting places you need much more time. I spent a good month riding around and visiting interesting places in Malaysia such as Penang/Georgetown, Ipoh, Cameron Highlands (some really good motorbike roads up there) KL of course, Melakka (really interesting city), Johor Baru, Pahang, Kota Baru. And I even spent some days on the Perhentian Islands.

marcusfilter

Jul 14, 2016
Malaysia
What loop are you thinking about? Down on the west coast and up the east coast, or vice versa? Or other loops?

You can ride from the border of Thailand to Johor Baru in one day and the second day back again the other coast. But if you want to have a look at interesting places you need much more time. I spent a good month riding around and visiting interesting places in Malaysia such as Penang/Georgetown, Ipoh, Cameron Highlands (some really good motorbike roads up there) KL of course, Melakka (really interesting city), Johor Baru, Pahang, Kota Baru. And I even spent some days on the Perhentian Islands.

Kl to Tanjung Piai Resort
Tanjung Piai Resort to Arena Sepang beach resort
Arena Sepang beach resort then all the way up(right side) then to Penang then KL

Feb 4, 2015
That wasn't even a loop. Your stated destinations is West - South - West - North.
Here are my suggestions.
KL to Tanjung Piai is traveling through west coast roads. From Tanjung Piai you can go east to Tanjung Jara Resort in Dungun or Club Med in Kuantan. Then you can ride further north-east toward Kelantan through beautiful coastal road and cut across the middle through Route 4 and spend the night at Belum Rainforest Resort. The next day you can ride to Penang and take it easy at Hard Rock Cafe Hotel before coming back to KL the next day.
Now that is a proper loop, West - South - East - North of peninsula Malaysia in 4 days.

Reactions: Dodraugen