Malaysia opens up to inter-state travel

Eoin Christie

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Jul 16, 2019
Last week, having achieved full vaccination of 90% of the adult population , Malaysia opened up inter-state travel. I took a ride up to Pangkor Marina Island (about 450km round-trip). Nice and cool in the morning, but max-dehydration coming back in the afternoon. It is great to get out...

Eoin Christie

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Jul 16, 2019
Another pretty crappy vid, but 1st ride in ~18 months, up to the closed State border at Gombak, before last week's re-opening. I really must clean my bike one of these days, or at least the right side muffler...

Last edited:

Eoin Christie

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Jul 16, 2019
Hi, David. Indeed - It's been a long motorcycling drought. Good to see the activity on GTR, and Thailand slowly opening up again. Malaysia and Thailand seem to have been on parallel paths. I'm looking forward to when that Southern border opens up again but, in the meantime, I guess I get to benefit from Malaysia's excellent policy of allowing motorbikes on toll roads without paying tolls... :)

Reactions: Ian Bungy

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
Hi, David. Indeed - It's been a long motorcycling drought. Good to see the activity on GTR, and Thailand slowly opening up again. Malaysia and Thailand seem to have been on parallel paths. I'm looking forward to when that Southern border opens up again but, in the meantime, I guess I get to benefit from Malaysia's excellent policy of allowing motorbikes on toll roads without paying tolls... :)
Loved that on my trips to Singapore - along with the Excellent Roads !

Eoin Christie

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Jul 16, 2019
Hi, David.
No, I haven't made any modifications yet. I like to set off early in the morning (03:00 this time) so as to be well away from the city before the traffic (now at pre-COVID levels) decides to take the fun out of the game. In this case, I had to ride 500km in the morning in order to be at Kuala Perlis in time for the fully-booked ferry.

One of the reason's for the trip was to go and look at some yachts, and I happened across one that I came very close to buying 10 years ago (I was beaten to the post by the current owner).

Ughetto

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 29, 2021
Beautiful Malesia and also your video.
my girl friend still have old photos of last 20 years.
This trip was in 2003 with Honda wave

127FD3D9-78F9-481B-9F65-303D14C9B616.jpeg

Last edited: