Man it's hot early

Sep 4, 2007
Well its pretty cool in our quite new Central Mall here in Khon Kaen, if you need even cooler, then head for Dreamworld near Rangsit BKK which will allow you to go toboganning on a real ice/snow slope.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Sounds like if I ever find out where my home, is the office it nice and cool :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oct 17, 2006
Thermometer in my kitchen said 41 yesterday i am glad i am going to UK on 17th its too hot here now.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
That's sure one way to do it. Early short rides I suppose might work as well.

Or dig out the cool vest. LOL

Auke

Nov 10, 2003
ray23 wrote: Boy I hope I find the GPS coordinates for my office soon :shock:
Will be there on Monday morning Ray at least if I can find your place (John helped quite a bit). The coordinates you sent me, after quite a bit a bit of massaging, probably will enable me to find your office - so please put the aircon on full blast on Monday morning.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Give me a call Auke and I will met you at AEK. it's not far from my home. Air no problem.

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Just to let anyone in northern Isaan know, a bunch of us will be in Loei tuesday and wednesday nights with a local ride out wednesday daytime. PM or call if interested in hooking up either to ride or for a social drink or ten.....

Cheers,

Pikey.
(0850337575)

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Sounds like fun Pikey I'll see if can get up there for a evening. Got work going on both bikes right now so doubtful on the ride. Where you guys staying?

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Would be good to see you Ray. We're staying at the Kings Hotel in the centre and John Gooding will come up from KK on wednesday and stay over that night too. I got a group rate discount of 450B/night as there's 10 of us so if you want that mention that your with the Tony's Big Bikes/Pikey group.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Sep 4, 2007
I note that the weather forecast is predicting temps overnight of 14C Tues and Wed and 29C Wednesday and 30C Thursday daytimes in Loei. After the roasting of the last few days/nights, will be nice if it happens, but may need that cardigan out in the wee hours in Loei town :D
So to answer Ray's original question where is it cooler? Maybe Loei, Tuepm on.

Feb 28, 2010
Looks like a cooler change coming though for Ubon as well thank goodness!

Picture4-2.png

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
I'll have to bring the pick up. it would be great to see everyone. I'll try for Wens. night

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Captain_Slash wrote: Monsterman wrote
i am glad i am going to UK on 17th its too hot here now
Thats until you get there Jerry then you will wish that you were still here.

I dont get all this its too hot to ride malarky, try being in a place like the Uk then you would really appreciate Thailands heat. I just get out there and ride whatever the temperature, I will leave the complaining until I cant ride anymore, then I will have good reason to complain
Capt the beauty of riding is it's an individual thing, we all get to do it the way we want :wink: :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oct 17, 2006
I like riding in the cold , and its easier and safer riding in the rain in UK than thailand as you can see the road and the vehicles around you.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Boy you guys have great timing picked the best part of the week. Hope the 800 is done in time. It will be even cooler in Loei.

Intermittent Clouds
Not as hot with periods of clouds and sunshine. Winds from the E at 10 mph.
Realfeel®: 101 °F
High: 97 °F
Tuesday Night, Mar 9
More Details
Clear
Clear and colder. Winds from the ENE at 12 mph.
Realfeel®: 58 °F
Low: 60 °F
Wednesday, Mar 10
More Details
Mostly Sunny
Mostly sunny, pleasant and cooler. Winds from the ENE at 8 mph.
Realfeel®: 88 °F
High: 85 °F
Wednesday Night, Mar 10
More Details
Mostly Clear
Mainly clear and cool. Winds from the E at 7 mph.
Realfeel®: 61 °F
Low: 60 °F
Thursday, Mar 11
More Details
Partly Sunny
Partly sunny and pleasant. Winds from the E at 4 mph.
Realfeel®: 96 °F
High: 91 °F
Thursday Night, Mar 11
More Details
Clear
Clear. Winds from the ESE at 4 mph.
Realfeel®: 65 °F
Low: 67 °F
Friday, Mar 12
More Details
Sunny
Hot with plenty of sunshine. Winds will be light and variable

Realfeel®: 107 °F
High: 100 °F
Friday Night, Mar 12
More Details
Mostly Clear
Mainly clear. Winds will be light and variable

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Auke is the man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 mins fixing my screw ups and have a working version of Map Source. Looks like we will be coming in late afternoon on the bike Whoppee!!!!!!!!!!!

When you guys get there a can you remind them about the group rate they want five hundred baht each for two rooms. Hey that's a beer friends riding is 125 up with us. So I think we will be slow going.

See you guys there.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
It was great meeting Pikey and the troops from Chaing Mai, we went up in the pickup, boring as can be but that aircon wasn't bad. :lol:

Ian turned me on to a back brace made for riding so that's on order, thanks

One of the guys asked me about the night life in Udon saying Chaing Mai was leaving a bit to want. Been out of that scene for a long time. So I took a cruise to farrang area the other day, it's there. But, the ladies are going to look a lot better at closing time then when you first go in. Maybe there is a better crop in the later hours don't know. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Just a reminder:

NATIONAL »

WARNING
Heat stroke warning as country sizzles
By Pongphon Sarnsamak,
Onravee Tangmeesang,
Dumnern Tuamchok
The Nation
Published on May 12, 2010

With temperatures across the country hitting 40 degrees Celsius, the Public Health Ministry yesterday issued a warning advising people to stay indoors and avoid getting a heat stroke - a lifethreatening condition that claimed seven lives over the past two years.

Public Health Minister Jurin Laksanawisit said exposure to heat could result in abnormally high body temperature, sometimes exceeding 40 degrees Celsius, which increases the of dying by 17 to 70 per cent.

Youngsters, the elderly and people with chronic diseases could develop severe symptoms such as high body temperature, palpitations, asthma, confusion and heat exhaustion.

According to the Public Health Ministry's records, five people have become ill from heat stroke this year. Heat strokes killed four people and made 80 ill in 2008, while about 32 people were diagnosed with heat stroke in 2009. Last year, eight sol?diers were also admitted to hospital for heat stroke and three died.

Jurin has advised people to drink at least six to eight glasses of water every day and avoid strong sunlight.

According to the Meteorological Department, temperatures might hit between 35 and 41 degrees all this week nationwide.

Temperatures in the North are expected hit 3841 degrees Celsius, followed by the Central region going as high as 40 degrees Celsius. The East and South appear to be slightly cool?er, with 37 degrees Celsius being the highest.

The hottest region in the country yesterday was Mae Hong Son, where temperatures hit 41.6 degrees Celsius for the first time in 20 years. In addi?tion, 30 cows died from malnutrition because the drought had dried up the grass, their main source of nutrition.

The provincial governor has ordered the Department of Livestock Development to quickly solve this problem.

According to Smith Dharmasaroja, chairman of the National Disaster Warning Centre, so far this year, 15 people have already died from heat stroke, the highest ever in Thailand.

He added that the extremely hot temperatures and freak thunderstorms were the result of the ElNino phenomenon.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
You always do that Capt. but you leave before it gets hot :happy1:

The 120 F heat index makes it like riding in a blast furnace.

The heat this year is unusual. Over 15 dead from heat stroke two of them soldiers. That was as of a couple days ago.