Marco in hospital

Apr 20, 2008
Hi Marco

Wishing you a speedy recovery and have a good rest for the time being. :happy3: :happy3:

Best regards

Lip Meng

Oct 17, 2006
Marco wrote:
i can assure that MY WIFE will not let me ride my bike until i have proper insurance
My dear Marco,

you never gave the impression of being a submissive man therefore I take this kind of black humor.

Speaks for spirit.

Feb 28, 2010
Hi Marco, Just read about your accident - sorry to hear the news.

I don't understand why you cannot return to Ubon for medical care?

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
Marco
sorry to read of your woes especially as your wife had connections within the Thai medical industrial complex.
Here in BKK it is certainly a money making business -not a vocation- where overpescribing of medicines & procedures
are done as a matter of course. More so now as the 'medical holiday' business has declined.
In the absence of a personal physician whom one can trust, I believe the only way one can check these excesses and lack of action
is to have a a decent insurance policy - but this can be fraught with issues in itself.
I wish you luck & success in Korat and hope they get you back on your feet before too long.
Cheers
Rhodie

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
Ack!! I'd been busy cleaning my rental condo, as I'd decided to let the Brit owner stay in his place, during his 2-week vacation here, which would leave me to bike around Issan for a few weeks.

I hadn't been keeping up with recent posts and last I'd read was that Marco would be heading home in a few days.
Well, I'm now in Ubon and was fully expecting greet Marco...at his home... with some import beer (imported from the local 7-11).
I tried calling his mobile...at about 7pm tonight...and no answer. I phoned Franz, who gave me the bad news, that he's still hospitalized and now in Korat.

I likely won't get to Korat for a while, so I hope I _can't_ see him there...which would mean his condition improved and he's gone home!!
Though, if Marco does decided the nurses are cuter in Korat than Khon Kaen, and extends his stay...for that reason only, then I'll be paying a visit later next week.

Keep up your spirits Marco...and keep in mind that each time you pinch the nurses, it's added to your bill....
And, I'll save the 'imported' beer for whenever I next see you!
'cdrw' (Jay)

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Guy&girls

Here is latest.

Im NOW in BKK hospital in Korat, drove by MY sel here with our car(what we did not need to refinnce)

arrived here May 17 1755hrs, direct to ER and doc examinaion, then around 1930hrs i was i y room and immediately i was introduced for so called milking machine what will suck the remaining blood out from the cavity, In KK they told my wfe that this kind of tecnology is NOT exist in thailand and will be NOT imported for many years, well they have it in here and again they wonderin why i had 2 glass bottles by end of my drining tube as that tecnology they have not used here more than 5-6yrs,,,

The 18th May at 10.30am, i was taken to CT scan and that same night tube was taken away, doc said NO operation needed and remaining fluid can be treated wit medication as so many inet page suggest what i have read...so im happy camper now, now only i will doing physio for my shoulder and i should be out from here with in this year.

I honestly have to say that if you get accident in KK or near by,, get your self as soon as possible to either in korat(only2hrs) or some other well know hospital, no offense to KK med but they seems to have lack of medical knoledge from this cencury.

So today and tomorrow is desesive day and will determ when i can go home, maybe sooner that later..

Oh,,an other this here was that as soon i was taken to ER the lady from Internationa desk came there with fluent english and was by side all the time just to make it sure i understand all what is going on,,,she also visiting in the room daily just to say hi and asking hows the things...

so next step when im home, get my buss back home and get her new make up and 1new Psc of plactic and then she is ready to road again...

2wheels,, yo are so correct abt insuance,,,like i said to John in kk, i had ALL papers filled in my home PC for insurance via GT pages,BUT never send them in,, i woneder if i can still claim it? i did fill all the papers thou :lol-sign:

now my 3 doubble experesso and little relax B4 cute Physio lady comes and start to streaching me.

Jay

sorry i did not answer to your phone,, i hear it rang but i was tired that time.

Thank you again for all the nice word and those who are following this epic story...

See you soon

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
Hey Marco, there are many Veterinarians that graduate from Khon Kaen Uni & set up shop in Chiang Mai. Maybe they were short of guinea pigs and took a liking to your smile :shh:

Glad you are getting things sorted at last.

Ally

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
IM HOOOME, since last night after 6h drive from Korat to home(i drove by my self)

NOW, i have to say VERY BIG THANK YOU FOR ALL SUPPORT AND KIND WORDS FROM YOU GUYS, im deeply touched and this shows how tight this community really is, it dont' matter where you come from, how you look like or what color your skin is, GTR people always keep to good spirit up when one is hospitaliced and i can say from Bottom of my heart THANK YOU YALL.

In the NEGATIVE side i just want to let you know what kind of mails i have come from DIFFERENT kind of people,,

Some of you might saw that 52days ago, so 25day before my accident i put my bike on sall in Bath & Sold, just to look IF there would be some one intrested so i could get NEW ride for my self (Kawa Councour1400GTR), NOW few days ago some Wanker called Eddie(Sure not his real name as he had gone distance to make him [email [email protected]][email protected][/email] email address as well send me message that he is offering me 50K for my bike as i dont KNOW how to ride, and basically he said that IF i dont sell it BANK would take it??????, i wonder how bank can take my bike what is paid in cash?? but again this show that some LURKERS here in GTR are just very low minded and Oh well,,i dont wanna continue this any more as i just get pist off this kind of Low life people,,,,,

AND for you "Eddie"(not for you Mr.Eagle, i know you are good man as you ride LT as well), i have ride more than 50K with LT, all over this kingdom with out any serious accident B4 this, im sure you dont even belong to same catecory and you would mostlikely NEVER can even handle bike like LT, stay in sport bike and enjoy your life as long as it last,,
I do have some pictures but i dont feel like to post them, im normal person and i never attac any one and i always take personally when people attac me with out any reasson, Im really lucky that i have so many REAL friends in GTR.

So now start 3-5weeks recvery at home, then take bike to painting and continue riding

DAVID, can you Pls close this topic, im already OK,

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Marco
Good to hear you're at home now.

Sorry about the "hate emails". There are a lot of sick people out there with nothing better to do unfortunately.

Re Health Insurance, for anyone out there who is not covered you might want to consider the GT Rider group health insurance.
There's a long thread about it here
gt-rider-motorcycle-health-insurance-t2733.html

basically you get

3 POLICY OPTIONS
1. EH3000 (600,000 baht)
Inpatient only: 13,440 baht
In & Outpatient: 19,204 baht

2. EH4000 (800,000 baht)
Inpatient only: 17,695 baht
In & Outpatient: 28,798 baht.

3. EH6000 (1,200,000 baht)
Inpatient only: 26,210 baht
In & Outpatient: 39,983 baht.

the beauty of this policy is no health check up required. You just fill out the application form & make a health statement, (not that we want you to cheat.)
You can join anytime & pay a pro rata rate for the remaining months of the year.
The policy also includes SOS, so covers you overseas - Laos / Vietnam / Cambodia, should you stuff up riding your bike there.

Take care & get well soon.

Thread now closed as per Marco's request.