Metzeler Tourance

Sep 1, 2011
Has anybody tried the Tourance tyres from Metzeler. Also having some difficulty in finding different brands of tyres for the Versys in Chiang mai....all assistance greatly appreciated.

Jan 9, 2010
My experience with the Tourances are as 70/30 tyre. However, they are not so great in sand or mud, simply not cut out for it. On the road, they are excellent. Or maybe my 1200GSa is just a pig LOL. Alternatively could just me my off road riding skills.

Nov 7, 2007
Don't know about Metzeler but the Cockpit shop on Hang Dong road same side as Central Airport can order a bunch of different makes within 1 day.

If anyone knows where I could get Bridgestone BT023 in CM let me know, Cockpit never has them. They have all the Pirellis, Dunlop, Michelin.

Apr 23, 2006
I'm on my second pair of Tourance on Bonnie T100 - no real complaints. Last well. Hoping to try Pirelli Scorpion Trails next time because I have heard such good reports but if I can't get them Tourance would be OK again.

Dec 27, 2007
Don't forget that Pirelli owns Metzler and that all the tires come from the same factory.

The Scorpion Trails are an evolution of the Metzler Tourance, so if you can't find the Tourance I think the Scorpion Trail will be a good choice, just keep in mind that they are designed for 90/10 on/off road use so really not meant for serious dirt / mud / sand.

Here in Bangkok the biggest Metzler dealer I know of is Paddock and they will ship country-wide.

Happy trails!

Tony

Gary D

Apr 17, 2010
Just replied but the internet connection here in Nam Pat has let me down. Have had 2 sets of Metzler Tourance fitted, the most recent by the piston shop in Chiand Mai. They are great for high mileage and only changed them at 20k because i was going to Laos a few weeks ago. Have had a high speed off the next day when i hit a large oil spill as i was coming off the mountain. New tyres, loaded bike, new brakes and oil do not mix.

In Laos they were just great on the shite roads but if you want for the mountains go for something softer, less mileage but a lot safer. The scorpions sound ok.

Jul 18, 2009
Last time I checked the Metzler Tourance dont come in a front 17" size . Plse correct me if Im wrong. Im toying with getting some friends in either KL or Singapore to send me up a set of Continental "Trail attack" to try on my Versys