Motorcycle Insurance

mussen

Ol'Timer
Nov 14, 2005
Hi all. I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there with a fair understanding of the registration/ insurance details for motorcycles?

In the past I have received and needed to display both the registration as well as the insurance on the exterior of the bike. However I have been told that from now on the registration needs to be displayed as before, however as for the insurance portion, it is now required that I carry the printed A4 sized receipt with me at all times when riding. Is this correct? Anyone with any news on this? Also as for the insurance document, is a photo copy acceptable? I'm aso wondering if a copy or the original green book needs to be carried at all times.

Cheers, and thanks in advance.

DavidFL

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Suck it & see when the time comes.
Being Thailand the policy will more than likely change “every 6 months”.
Whatever it won’t be a problem. Pay your money, get a receipt, a sticker, listen to what they say & away you go.
Take a look at this thread from a few months ago.
http://board.gt-rider.com/topic.asp?TOP ... hichpage=2

Re the green ownership book, you should probably have a copy, if not the original ownership book with you at all times. I use laminated colour photocopies of all my stuff & 99% of the time it works. When it doesn't, it only costs a "couple of hundred baht"( 2-3 big beers) to sort out. This happens once in a blue moon, so my pen rai.