My Tiger X-road 250 has arrived - pictures and first impression

Nov 7, 2007
KZ25;274893 wrote: I understood that the suspension sort of gave up on you and the dealer couldn't guarantee that the replacement parts would hold up any better.
"...generally said i would have expected it to "survive" my riding..." - I would expect the same, any bike which suspension and chain/sprocket is shot after half a year is not acceptable. The KLX250 is more expensive but it's almost impossible to ride it to pieces!
"...its not very convincing for the Brandname Sachs..." - I thought Sachs pulled out and it's a Tiger?
When I mentioned non-Japanese brands I was talking about Platinum, JRD, Lifan and so on. There may be some Korean products that are better than Chinese but for me a bike has to work and be fun, and I pay a bit more for that. I don't want to be at the dealer once a month and waste my time with repairs or upgrades.
Of course European bikes are even more expensive than the Japanese and hold up the same or better.
But that's up to each buyer, if you don't mind things breaking or falling off or not working and waiting for parts and haggling over warranty issues, fine. At least you saved some money when you bought it.
My motto is: "buy the best and only cry once" - and the Japanese have the best price/quality ratio.
If I ever win the lottery I may buy a KTM or a Triumph...
Good luck with your new scooter, I hope it holds up alright, keep us posted!
I've never owned one but just got me a used Yamaha Nouvo 135. Takes a bit getting used to, no footpegs, two hand brakes and the automatic, but I'm happy and won't buy a Wave again!

sorry to say ,but you did misunderstand this , the x-road 250 sold here is a sachs with a tiger badge...everything is same and come from the same manufacturer of the sachs x-road which is sold also in OZ or Columbia or costa rica ....

i would have expected/hoped the xroad to survive my riding....but you do not know where i have been...or do you? read about goat mountain trip? maybe tonybkk or thaicbr will tell you what kind of ride this was .... and flood ridings i done plenty of that too....sure i gave the bike a hard time but still i would expected it to survive...in any case i am happy with my Taiwanese Gmax ( its sold as Tiger Gmax here but it is a PGO Gmax) ..... hope you understand that this bike is , same as the xroad, not manufactured from tiger , only assembled here .

I have never been crying over bikes....enjoyed all of them(including my first bike a ktm pony ) ...but i never owned a JRD or Platinum , maybe thats why :)
BTW i never had to wait more than 5 days for a sparepart from tiger.... nor ever had to haggle warranty issues, english email response inless than 24 hours ....you probaby had crappy experience with platinum or jrd ...but this is a Tiger/Sachs section not a jrd or platinum. Tiger is a Thai Manufacturer, the xroad a chinese ckd kit and the gmax a taiwanese ckd kit ...other tiger bikes are "made in thailand"

hope this info helps,

mbox

Jun 13, 2010
I never owned a Sachs bike but I had a Tiger 250RS wich was, from stock, a lot better than a kawaski for half the price (no restrictions on the Tiger). I had my stories with the bike but I still miss it.

I dont know about JRD either but from my experience Tiger service is just great when its about information, spare or warranty issues.

I now own a G-Max same as Mbox and I'm happy with it, the only thing missing from Tiger in my opinion is a better QC.

Since the 250RS is not available and the CRF250L is coming I may end up with a honda if I dont have to change stuff and void the warranty to make it run as it should.

The restrictions on the D-Tracker and the KLX are just a joke, how come my 18hp 250RS could perform better than a 23hp 250 D-Tracker for approximatly the same weight ?

Nov 7, 2007
lordofthedreadz;275125 wrote: I never owned a Sachs bike but I had a Tiger 250RS wich was, from stock, a lot better than a kawaski for half the price (no restrictions on the Tiger). I had my stories with the bike but I still miss it.

I dont know about JRD either but from my experience Tiger service is just great when its about information, spare or warranty issues.

I now own a G-Max same as Mbox and I'm happy with it, the only thing missing from Tiger in my opinion is a better QC.

Since the 250RS is not available and the CRF250L is coming I may end up with a honda if I dont have to change stuff and void the warranty to make it run as it should.

The restrictions on the D-Tracker and the KLX are just a joke, how come my 18hp 250RS could perform better than a 23hp 250 D-Tracker for approximatly the same weight ?

Hi LOTD, sometimes people are kinda confused and put JRD or Platinum into the same drawer as Tiger, although there is quite a bit of difference- and since this is the Tiger/Sachs Section from gt-rider i am not sure why we even talk about JRD or Platinum here (those who wish to discuss their enjoyment, or lack thereof , could ask David to open a section for these brands) ...i think i have explained a lot about the X-road on Tiger/Sachs Forum (much of it was also posted on gt-rider)

I too liked my Boxer and miss it ...but the time i sold it was the time i wanted to change for the larger virago 750 ,now i think i should have kept my 250RS ..... Anyways i too am having my eyes on the CRF250L ...
Yeah, the QC should be better on Tiger bikes , but the x-road or the Gmax are actually CKD kits and in terms of assembly the xroad was alright and so far not any problem with my gmax either.

mbox

Feb 1, 2012
Hi, I am from Croatia and I need piston and links (i think that is right name) for X-Road 125, but its not avalaible in Croatia, bad inport...so if anybody can buy it at his country and send my to Cro, i can pay bay paypal or something like that... tnx and sorry on bad english :D

Nov 7, 2007
lordofthedreadz;275907 wrote: The X-Road 125 was never imported in Thailand, you'd better contact Sachs Germany for more info.
Seconded. .. The xroad 125 was never sold here...and depending when you bought yours you may either have to check with Sachs in Germany or in China/HK. If your xroad 125 has 6 gears than you got the one made in Europe with the Moto Morini Engine( i think they were made in europe until 2003? Not sure though) ....if you have 5 gears you will have to look in china/H.K.

Mbox