Need A Rider For Bmw 800gs Kanchanaburi To Chiang Mai

Nov 17, 2015
Bangkok
www.instagram.com
My son and i have a pair of BMW F800 GS bikes. In the fall & winter we keep them up in the north, this year we'll base in Nan. Just more fun to fly up and ride there, than try to get out of Bangkok. Right now we have the bikes in Kanchanaburi - with friends we're doing weekend rides from there.

In September I want to ride the bikes from Kanchanaburi, vai Mae Sot and Mae Hong Song (or maybe Mae Saring) to Chiang Mai. Would be a 2 night, 3 day ride. However, my son will be in the US at that time, and I'm not sure if I can line up a mate for the right or not.

I'm wondering if there are any experience riders out there that might like to ride with me for 3 days. If you have any interest send me a message and maybe something will work out. Flexible on the dates.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2015
Bangkok
www.instagram.com
No takers I see.
Have you thought of trucking or posting your bike to Nan?

Yes I could do that. I have a trailer for the bikes and the last few years have had someone drive my truck & trailer with bikes to CR or CM. In this case I want to do the ride from Kanchanaburi to CM, via curvey roads - Mae Sot, Mae Hong Song, etc. Fun ride for me. Just trying to find someone else up for a fun ride :)

Thanks for the suggestion!
Derek

Janni Andersen

Aug 12, 2017
Hi Derek
Did you solve how to get your bike to CM?

I can help you if you haven't found any to ride it up.

Best regards
Janni

Nov 17, 2015
Bangkok
www.instagram.com
A little ending to this story...

I did end up with someone from this post to ride with me, and Aussie. I figured it was just 2 nights so if he was a jerk or otherwise not fun it would be over soon enough, and we're on motorcycles and don't have to talk most of the time :)

Turned out he was a great guy and we had a really nice ride and time hanging out. HE comes over a few times a year and we still ride together. Planning a Laos ride in December with 2 other guys. Happy ending

GT Rider is a great match maker :)

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
A little ending to this story...

I did end up with someone from this post to ride with me, and Aussie. I figured it was just 2 nights so if he was a jerk or otherwise not fun it would be over soon enough, and we're on motorcycles and don't have to talk most of the time :)

Turned out he was a great guy and we had a really nice ride and time hanging out. HE comes over a few times a year and we still ride together. Planning a Laos ride in December with 2 other guys. Happy ending

GT Rider is a great match maker :)

Many thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Ian Bungy