New BMW 450cc Sports Enduro

Jun 21, 2006
Below you can check website and read about BMW's new 450cc Sports Enduro

Testing times for BMW’s new sports enduro prototype at Walldorf
Alongside development rider Sascha Eckert, the Flying Finn competed in this race as part of the BMW Motorrad Motorsport team’s continued development of this exciting new enduro prototype machine.

Up against approximately 40 other Pro-class competitors, Kirssi muscled his way from a mid-pack starting position right up to second place, before a mechanical problem forced him to retire from the race.

www.bmw-motorrad.com/racereport

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
Sachsa Eckert does not sound like finnish name and I never heard about him. On the other side 70% of all top enduro riders are from Finland so maybe the name is wrong. Check up your source. HIKO

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
T.J. After reading your source and your post again I understand what you mean Simo Kirssi is the flying Finn riding for BMW, who was second behind Finn Samuli Aro (several time world champion). It is difficult when we have so many flying Finns.....HIKO

Jun 21, 2006
Hiko I just copied the email word for word, that I received from BMW, so all Double Dutch to me, (or should I say Double Finnish)

Glad you were able to sort it out, now we wait for someone to post pictures....

Oct 12, 2005
Not a great Beemer fan (only owner one Beemer before) but models like this are making me at least look now.

BTW Rhodie caught Rich testing your ceramic coating on your exhaust. Looks reeeeaaallll purty.

Klaus

Mar 8, 2004
"Proofed" - ? English ain't my mother tung, but I ain't never heard of proofed - but of proven, or did I miss something?
I have owned Honda and Suzuki 650cc Enduros, and they're damned good; wouldn't pay almost twice the money just to own a BMW... same goes for the 450cc class. I've owned 750cc triples made by the Bavarians, now that's a reason to buy one! Triumph was the only other make with triples on the market, and I rather take a Beemer over a Triumph.

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
I would have to agree with CaptSlash, the new 1050 triple engine is really sweet!
Anyway BMW is out of the triple game.
I still regret letting go of one the first Speed Triples in 1995 - great engine but heavy & high CoG. The newer versions have sorted the weight "feel", but am not sure of the looks. The engine is just tremendous - Speed Triple, ST & new Tiger.