Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
The attention of all GT Rider members is directed to a new forum
Horizons Unlimited Travellers Meeting
http://board.gt-rider.com/topic.asp?TOP ... ellent,map
specifically started for the
1st Thailand Horizons Unlimited Travellers Meeting, now scheduled for Chiang Mai, North Thailand in Jan 2007.

GMA

Dec 10, 2006
Yes, true-true, Elvis is not going be there Saturday night, Jan. 13, 2007 at the GT/HU Banquet. Bull Dust Bob might. Barry BBQ will, with microphone and excellent camera work. Mr. GT-Rider will be hanging. So will John from BKK, Digby and his Minsk Gang from Hanoi, Eric from USA, Rik from Cambodia, Tom from Canada, and "Beemer Boy" (now "KTM Boy") from Adv.Rider bunch. The Agenda/Program is nearly cement.
http://jarle.eltelevest.no/Kawasaki/Ima ... 50dt04.jpg will get you the latest updates.

Jan 1, 2007
Thanks, horizons unlimited looks like a great resource as does this board. I'm an Aussie living in Taiwan and was introduced in November to the trails of Northern Thailand and plan on coming back often with a bit of luck. Magnificent trails and countryside.

I briefly met Silverhawk , Big & Tall and Pikey so it's good to be able to put some faces to a few of the posters here.

I had no idea what Horizons unlimited was. Reference here in case a few others are in the dark.

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/meetin ... nd2007.php

Pic here from the trip of a friendly bull trying to get a kiss. I'm the guy in black armour looking concerned.

317493325_a14aef33d6.jpg

GMA

Dec 10, 2006
The North Thai Tea Drinking Society will sponsor the 1/2 hour open bar on Friday night, 18:00 - 18:30, with free finger food, at the "Welcome To Motorcycle Amazing Thailand" for the Horizons Unlimited Travellers Meeting. That's at the Down Under Restaurant. Contributuons are always appreciated as the Society is trying to raise the needed funds for the Mekong River Guinness Motorcycle Record Jump. Look at that thread and you'll find a photo of Bull Dust Bob and the prototype Jump Bike. Registration is at Joe's Bike Team, or "at the door." More on the event at the Horizons Unlimited sticky...agenda and registration

GMA

Dec 10, 2006
All GT Riders in the area are invited to the group photo during the HU meeting Sat. Jan. 13 at 10:00 AM. Wat Chomphu, behind Spicy's, Chang Moikao Road, Soi 1. It's a magazine shoot, so look your best!

Jun 10, 2006
Just found this new HU forum category after I had posted my first message as a newbie on GT-R in the 'General' forum. I should have posted my first entry, titled "HU-NC meeting organizers attend HU-CNX meeting" here. Anyway, I hope you don't mind me copying a part of that first post in this thread, as this is the appropriate place.

Here is the extract from that post:
LeeBob, my wing man on the Baja Asylum Run team, is currently travelling in India with his wife Carolyn (who is also a bike rider), but they will arrive in CNX in a few days' time (10 Jan.). LeeBob (a.k.a. Leewildwater on ADVR) is not a stranger to danger or adventure, as he is a very experienced dirt bike racer who makes his living running a white water rafting/kayaking company in North Carolina.

LeeBob and Carolyn are the organizers of the annual Horizons Unlimited meeting in North Carolina. He emailed me saying that he would be very interested in attending the HU meeting in CNX. Last october LeeBob and Gaspipe attended the HU meeting in Mexico (which I attended twice, in 2003 and 2005). LeeBob is a very cheerful, outgoing, funny personality, and I hope the HU-CNX organizers will extend a warm welcome to their fellow HU meeting organizers. As I'm not familiar with CNX night life, I'm not much of a guide to take them on a tour of the local bar scene. I hope some of the GT-Riders are willing to show them around on a night out on the town or invite them for a ride out. It'll make their first visit to Thailand a lot more memorable.

GMA

Dec 10, 2006
Last minutes notes: See agenda posted 11/01/06 for some location and topic changes due to government work in Vietnam. Also and new Chill and Swill point has been added due to the kafe being closed for the next four days. The Irish Pub Restaurant and Crusty Loaf Bakery is walking distance from the Banquet at the Amora Hotel (across the moat, around the corner from the Kafe) is the Irish Pun. Look for the Campfire Smoke... or rising BS level...Saturday night.