new motorcycle without registration plates

paulsiam

Oct 19, 2019
Last month I bought a new motorcycle (Suzuki) in Thailand, and it is being registered with the land Office etc. But I have no plates yet. I have the government insurance ok, and the bill of sale. Can I travel saely or will I get finded by th epolice??

Paul

Lakota

Subscribed
Oct 10, 2011
I think your allowed to travel within the province without the temporary Red plates. I always have . no pompem

GTO

Sep 19, 2020
It took Barcelona motors 8 months to get my plate! I did 12,000 Km. with no plate and went to many provinces with no issues. Big bikes get privileges'! Plus imagine all those cameras that you pass without a plate. Albeit there is an insurance clause that to be covered you must have plate on bike???

Heineken

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 2, 2019
As long as you have all the correct paperwork it is not an issue, I rode everywhere for about 4 x months with no plates, many provinces and not asked once why I have no plates ;)

Markus Etter

Sep 15, 2020
Officially your not allowed to travel around without the plate. But if you have your documents with you should be ok.
If you buy your bike in a other city and you take it back home like buy in bangkok and go to Phuket you want get a red number plate.
I had the same “problem”
So I ask the guy from Honda in Bangkok where I bought the bike if there is a way to make it quicker .
500b made it quick and I received the plate 3-4 days later by post in Phuket

have great Monday

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
It took Barcelona motors 8 months to get my plate! I did 12,000 Km. with no plate and went to many provinces with no issues. Big bikes get privileges'! Plus imagine all those cameras that you pass without a plate. Albeit there is an insurance clause that to be covered you must have plate on bike???
Just one of the MANY reasons to stay away from these Yahoos

Reactions: Ian Bungy

Desmocrat

Subscribed
Mar 1, 2021
Meuang Loei
It took two months to get the plates/registration/green book for both of my bikes. Never was an issue riding around without a plate. Just carry the insurance and ownership paperwork with you.