New rider, new to Thailand, new to site....willing to help out!

JB2112

Nov 3, 2011
Just a quick introduction:
My name is JB and I moved here from the States (via Brazil for one year) with my arrival date in early July. With the help of Kevin E. (fishenough) I have now purchased a bike (Honda CBR 250 R), done some good rides, been introduced to the site...and so much more.
I live east of town out in Mae On. I think I landed in a rider's paradise.
I will plan on doing trip reports starting with one this evening.
Feel free to contact me or even correct me(!) about anything. I am really enjoying learning to ride here in northern Thailand.
I am single, too, if there are any girl riders out there!

Thanks in advance,
JB
[email protected]

Attached files
272965=5869-100_0628red.jpg

Sep 4, 2007
Hi JB, Small world for us long nosed paleskins, as we found out when we met up in DMS this week. Welcome to North Thailand and the forum, good to have you on board, and as you have found out, after a short learning curve it is not so hard to contribute and increases all our pleasure to be able to share and benefit from contributions of others.
As for the female companion, there is no shortage, but it is worth taking time and maybe learn a bit from those who have unnecessarily rushed into an early commitment that can be difficult to break without pain and cost. There are some lady riders out there, who are single, but there are many many more, who would love to have the opportunity to ride, but not yet had the chance. Maybe you are that chance, fun finding out. Look forward to further contact with you and hopefully some riding as well.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Hi JB, welcome to the Forum ! Well, you already got the perfect bike for up here, so there's only one thing left to do, fill her up, get dressed and out for some amazing rides. Enjoy both the scenery & people up here ! Cheers, Franz