North West Of Fang

Wazza

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Sep 17, 2017
Out of curiosity, is it possible to get around Mae Fang National Park and through to Nan Hua?
In October I was staying in TaTon and a local guy who has an Enfield, said yes, yes. I went in from TaTon end and got turned away at the first CP. The road off to the right looked like it. The guys at the CP had ranger shirts on.
I may have also ended up at Nong Tao and got turned around as well. Quizzical looks on the soldiers faces when asking what I was doing up there, “have bike, must ride”.
I did enjoy doing the Mai Ai loop a couple of times though.
Cheers Waz

Wazza

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Sep 17, 2017
I was up that way this morning and got waved through, 3rd time lucky crossed my mind! A wink was as good as a nod and off we set. Yes “we”, the wife as pillion along with pannier and top box. After 500m or so I revised the plan, as a heavily laden Vstrom is not the weapon of choice. But I can advise the seal in the short distance we travelled was well broken up and the road from the boom gate was quite step.
The young guy at the guard house gave me as smile as I conceded defeat, for the time being any way.
All the best to all of the GT-R family,
Wazza.